Replacement O2 Sensor For PLX SM-AFR

PLX has a procedure for troubleshooting. I found it online. Lets you know if it is the sensor or the module.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

dave, where is your PLX grounded?

what does the PL show the AFR is while the PLX is warming up?

Bob
Basically I have a ground wire running from the block into my ecm case. Also connected to that same spot is the wideband ground. At key on after the car has sat for a long time it reads 14.5, moves up to about 16.0 for few seconds then continues on up to 19.99. Is that what you're asking?

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Compare the old sensor and new sensor (when you get it) with KOEO. Old sensor might be lazy around the 14.5 afr voltage area. Let us know.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Basically I have a ground wire running from the block into my ecm case. Also connected to that same spot is the wideband ground. At key on after the car has sat for a long time it reads 14.5, moves up to about 16.0 for few seconds then continues on up to 19.99. Is that what you're asking?

pretty much, another test is to start the car and look at the wideband reading before the sensor has a chance to warm up. the PLX the output is 14.5 or so until the sensor warms up.

Bob

pretty much, another test is to start the car and look at the wideband reading before the sensor has a chance to warm up. the PLX the output is 14.5 or so until the sensor warms up.

Bob
Did that this morning, at that checks out.

Pretty much just what mine does.

Posted to TurboBuick.com from my RAZR MAXX HD

dave, your sensor is in the test pipe? an exhaust leak at the slip joint could draw in a little air making the wideband show a little lean...

Bob

No, mine is in the lower section of downpipe. About 18" up from the end of the downpipe. The downpipe has a large band clamp holding it to the test pipe.

O2 placement.
100_0333.jpg

Band clamp
DSC_0271.JPG

Last edited:
With everything cold and key on no start mine does the same..... Goes to 19.9 and then says LEAN on gauge