You can type here any text you want

Replacement Shocks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AKTURBOTA

I want to replace the shocks on my TTA. They are the original equipment items and have 56k miles and 13-14 years of wear on them. What is the recommended aftermarket replacement?

I replaced the lower control arms, panhard bar and torque arm with Spohn replacement components. Additonally, I installed Global West subframe connectors and ironically haven't been able to beat my best 60' time with the stock suspension of 1.61. My best time with the upgraded items has been 1.68. I am figuring that with better shocks my 60' times will improve.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be most welcome

I have KYB gas shocks on mine. they have a 5 way adjustment on them. I also have replaced the panhard bar and control arms. My best 60' so far is only a 1.70. Not sure if the shocks have a whole lot to do with that or not.

Thanks for your reply. I will soon find out if new and better shocks than what came from the factory make a difference in 60' times at the drag strip.

Back