You can type here any text you want

replacing powermaster with ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AN/GSC-52

Famous brake light on, fuse keeps popping. What is the best way to go. I see a few vendors have the vacum assist units from a TR. One is pricier by $100, which is best? and is there a better alternative?

New to this car and no brakes was a scary experience.

Thanks
Dan

My used kit from Brian at G Body parts worked just fine, comes complete.

You could probably go around and source all the stuff new or rebuilt locally yourself by doing a search and some legwork for a bit less.

I like the one box complete approach and one day install when I have no brakes in the middle of the winter. :eek: ;)

Only thing I changed a week later was the silicone vacuum hose to some thicker emissions line from the kit.

Comes complete with the proper brake pedal, filter, vacuum block (new) etc.

My used kit from Brian at G Body parts worked just fine, comes complete.

You could probably go around and source all the stuff new or rebuilt locally yourself by doing a search and some legwork for a bit less.

I like the one box complete approach and one day install when I have no brakes in the middle of the winter. :eek: ;)

Only thing I changed a week later was the silicone vacuum hose to some thicker emissions line from the kit.

Comes complete with the proper brake pedal, filter, vacuum block (new) etc.

Thanks, I like the one box approach too and that is a great price. I see Kirban has a $499 kit with out pedal. What makes this kit so much? No breaks in winter must have been scary too. I was lucky and it happened at the end of my street. I had to wave off the first approach, circle around and bring it in with the IFE (in flight emergency) lol.

I believe Kirbans is all new stuff or at least rebuilt.

Brians stuff is clean used off a car that came in on a wrecker. :eek:;)

Hopefully with the front end intact. :eek::biggrin:

Mine was all clean and worked well, excepting a whistling hose that I fixed with the new emissions line for the vacuum source over the supplied silicone hose, it's a large vacuum port on the billet block that feeds the inline filter then the check valve in the booster.

Don't forget to seal up the ports on any billet vacuum block you buy, they just screw into the billet block, and might leak air if you don't use a good thread sealent on them. I used some RTV since I was in a hurry and did it after the install when I spied a leak.

It won't matter who you get the block from either they all need sealing and checking the screw in ports for tightness.

If you are mechanically inclined and have about $250-350 you can install hydroboost. Only downside with hydroboost is half the reman stuff is junk so be prepared to try a couple if they leak. Way more stopping power than the powermaster.

If you are mechanically inclined and have about $250-350 you can install hydroboost. Only downside with hydroboost is half the reman stuff is junk so be prepared to try a couple if they leak. Way more stopping power than the powermaster.

After some reading hydroboost seems the best option. I've ony found kits in the $700 range, what is the best source?

Keith (Turbonut85) posted a how to thread in the how to's so you might want to go read it. Not a hard job at all.

Keith (Turbonut85) posted a how to thread in the how to's so you might want to go read it. Not a hard job at all.

Thanks, great post up there. Should be in the brakes section and stickied.
That's my plan!

Back