Replacing rubber boots on front calipers

tom h

I've disassembled the stock, iron disc brake front calipers to rebuild & detail them.

What will be the most practical way to re-install the rubber boot, that fits around the piston?

The only "seal installing" tools I can locate in this size (about 3" diameter), generally only come in expensive sets (eg Snap-On or Matco). And , the rubber boots are about $10 each, can't risk too much trial & error experimentation.

TIA.

(my rotors now look 'purdy, used POR15 grey primer with the POR MetalMask natural cast iron topcoat).

I didn't take mine apart to POR-15 them. If you miss a little by the piston it won't be seen.
Tarey D.

Originally posted by GN ERGY
I didn't take mine apart to POR-15 them. If you miss a little by the piston it won't be seen.
maybe in hindsight that's what I should have done.

However, I took calipers apart to bead blast ,the not inconsiderable rust.

Why don't you slip some monkey at a shop afew bucks to assemble them for you. Unless you have assy lube, that little squirt they give in the kit ain't enuf, and experience in reassembling them they can be a bear for first timers. Asembling things like that has become a lost art in most shops along with doing your own starters and alternators