You can type here any text you want

reposting from gnttype.org (eastern performace chip)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mick

I bought my car 5 years ago from its second owner who said the car had an Eastern performance chip in it. He said i should only use premium gas and 104 octane booster. Since then ive learned that 104 octane booster leaves orange residue inside the motor and really isnt recommended. When they installed the chip they made a small bleeder orfice in one of the lines that he pointed out to me. My car needs to warm up a few minutes before i can put it in gear. Ive been to the track and ran 13.6...pretty strong for basically stock. Best unleaded gas I can find in the area is Sunoco 94 octane. Now my questions: Anyone familiar with this chip/bleeder orfice setup ? Do I really need the higher octane or is 94 good enough with this chip ? Would I benefit from higher octane with this chip ? Finally, would a chip swap to a different more current chip benefit me ? Which one is the most popular ? I dont have a scan tool, but the car does not make any knocking sounds and runs strong.

Where is this bleeder orifice?
For how cheap it is, I would buy another chip just for the piece of mind.

The bleeder orfice is in the line that comes off the module on the passenger side valve cover. Thats about the best i can explain it where its at.

I hate to just replace it (waste 75 bucks) if it is as good of chip as i would end up buying. Someone has to know something about these chips......My car actually runs good just concerned about the few things i mentioned(octane, short warm up, outdated).

That was sort of my point...you don't know anything about the chip that's in the car.

Which chip do you have Street Lethal or Blaster and how old ? Pre 1996
chips had lower top end fuel. 93 chip is made for pump gas more boost
and timing will always go faster in which case Blaster chip needed.

A little reddish residue is far better than knock at WOT...

I agree, if you have questions about the chip, get something "known" good in there instead.

TurboTR

Dan K said:
That was sort of my point...you don't know anything about the chip that's in the car.

ya...i see your point, but it doesnt mean its no good. I just need to figure out what it is..and if i need to run the higher octane or not...

As far as how old ...from the documentation that the previous owners have past on it looks like it was from 87. no idea if its a Street lethal or blaster. Actually i didn't know there were two...so ive already learned something. Thanks, anymore help ?

Street Lethal is a good street chip. Chip should have a tag on it.

ESP 610 970-8944 last # i have for them call for info

I was going to check for markings on the chip and realized ...I dont even know where it is.....Where's the chip located ?

screw higher octane buy a alky kit .I have the smc and can run 26 psi no knock with 93 octane .best bang for the buck .exspecially with gas prices the way they are .also running turbotweak alky chip best $75 i ever spent .

chip is located in the ecm in the pass side kick panel .1 screw and kick panel comes out then ,there are 2 little screws holding prom cover on .remove cover and theres your chip .Be carefull removing or installing .pins on chip fragile make sure line up right .will be tight to get back in .just becarefull. :eek:

thanks speedfreak......i had the kick panel off and looked at the ecm....but wasnt sured from that point...thanks again..

WOW, talking about this chip is a blast from the past to say the least! Do yourself and your car a favor and welcome it to modern day coding that is available from Eric M. for a fraction of the cost of replacing the HG's or worse. I ran these chips way back in the day (pre-1993)...prolly when the ATR pitbull chip was on the market and 80 degrees of timing in all gears was the way to go. The chip you have was good for the time, however coding has come a LONG way since then. Take that chip out and display it on your mantle as a part of LC2 history....

ya........thats what I was wondering. If a new chip would make an difference. In other words have they really gotten that much better. What would you guess I might pick up with a new chip ? HP ? As I said the car runs pretty good with the antique I have in it.....haha

Today was the first time I actually looked at the chip. Has a sticker on it saying Eastern Performance and a hand written in pen number 25 on it. Does the 25 mean anything to anybody ?????

prob timing degrees .some of my old chips have timing degrees hand writin on sticker .????????? but not sure ,that is what i would think .but your right that is old school chip .

I have an EP Street Lethal 40# inj chip that was on the car we we bought it, anybody know the specs on it?

Back