Resistor

captndave737

Does anyone know the value of the resistor that goes from the Potentiometer to the LED? Mine broke while I was transferring things to my instrument panel. It looks like the color stripes are violet, red and gold which would be a 72 ohm resistor with a 5% tolerance but it measures 4.7K ohm.

If it were yellow violet red that would be correct but I can't see a yellow band even when magnifying it!!

4.7K sounds reasonable, gold is tolerance, and resistors have 3 stripes + tolerance.

Bob

4.7K sounds reasonable, gold is tolerance, and resistors have 3 stripes + tolerance.

Bob
Agreed. It's the tiniest resistor I've ever seen. It's beige and I guess the yellow is so light I just can't see it. When I was in the Navy we learned resistor colors this way. Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly Get Some Now. Never could forget it after that.

Hehehe! The shit we learned in the military is never forgotten. Learned the same shit when I went to Radar Technician coarse in Millington TN. I was better than you though I was in the men department of the navy! Marine Crps! Semper Fi! Just kidding man taking a jab. But you made chuckle with acronym. Learned it to pass a test. Sorry didn’t mean to hi jack your thread. :LOL::cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D

Hehehe! The shit we learned in the military is never forgotten. Learned the same shit when I went to Radar Technician coarse in Millington TN. I was better than you though I was in the men department of the navy! Marine Crps! Semper Fi! Just kidding man taking a jab. But you made chuckle with acronym. Learned it to pass a test. Sorry didn’t mean to hi jack your thread. :LOL::cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D
I was on an LST. I loved dropping 300 of you Jar Heads off in the steaming Jungle and then sitting down to a nice meal in air conditioned comfort:p:D

Well RIP. You Semen must of cried! Pretty awesome vid. Thanks for sharing. Semper Fi!

I hope you meant Seamen and weren’t trying to stir up interservice rivalry! My semen has never cried except when it’s missed the hole!!

That is why are Navy is number one in the world. Can’t get anything past you sailors. Not even a lifeboat. If you keep missing the hole asked him to help you guide it in just like back in the day on the boat. Lol just screwing with you man. Thought you never would catch my smart alic remark. It’s all good bro. Seller Fi!

Attachments

• 10B1F8A0-1871-4023-BB58-507BB55C9A17.gif
    10B1F8A0-1871-4023-BB58-507BB55C9A17.gif
    994.9 KB · Views: 52