You can type here any text you want

Retune TT chip questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNbythebay

• I have two questions. First I recently bought precision 60 lbs injectors #107961. The guy I bought them off of said he had them tuned with a TT chip and I just wanna make sure they will work. My second question is I plan on buying a torque converter in a few months. Will I need to send back my chip again to get it tuned for the the converter or will it not matter. Any info on this will help me out a lot.

You don't tune injectors with a chip. You just get a chip burned for your 60's.

Convertor doesn't matter unless you're using a LU convertor and want Eric to lock it for you via his chip in 3rd gear for racing.

Convertor doesn't matter unless you're using a LU convertor and want Eric to lock it for you via his chip in 3rd gear for racing.
Yes it does if you want to have the AE fuel be close

Eric already posted in another thread that the convertor isn't as critical.
From everything I’ve worked on over the years it matters and I can tell when it’s wrong. AE is acceleration enrichment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From everything I’ve worked on over the years it matters and I can tell when it’s wrong. AE is acceleration enrichment.

I've run Erics chips for 15 years. We'll agree to disagree.:)

I've run Erics chips for 15 years. We'll agree to disagree.:)

You could have run them in 200 difference cars for the last 30 years. My statement was that if the AE fuel is wrong someone that is use to tuning cars should notice it and it can be improved. If you want to have a weak tip in or stumble and can deal with that then that’s fine.

Sure if your chasing .01 ET then your 100% correct .. 99% of the people on this board aren't capable of discerning a difference...

I've done probably 50-60 E85 cars that used Erics chip and many have changed combos after.. the convertor will make a difference.. but its not a substantial one as far as the tune on the chip is concerned .. certainly not one that can't be tuned around.

Sure if your chasing .01 ET then your 100% correct .. 99% of the people on this board aren't capable of discerning a difference...

I've done probably 50-60 E85 cars that used Erics chip and many have changed combos after.. the convertor will make a difference.. but its not a substantial one as far as the tune on the chip is concerned .. certainly not one that can't be tuned around.

Nothing to do with e.t. All to do with drivability

This stumble you speak of is exactly what my tt chip does with a vigi 3200. It's the most annoying tip in issue I have experienced, even vs. a carburetor too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back