You can type here any text you want

Return Fuel Line size..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RobsIron

Silent but Violent
I have a -6 (3/8") return fuel line. Is there any advantage to going up to a 8 (1/2")?

I talked to Heath Elmer years ago and he said he should have put an 8 on my car when he built it.

It has developed a leak and its now a perfect time to change it out if its worthwhile.

Thanks

I would think that a 3/8" return should be big enough for almost anyones car. How much HP do you have ? Mine is stock with Double pumpers.

Bryan

You have more than enough...I just went 6.67 @ 107 in the 1/8th at 24.9 psi on stock fuel lines

Bryan

Very nice. I was thinking you don't need a very large return at WOT since most of the fuel is being burned and not sent back. Wonder why he felt a larger was needed..

The only reason I would see it needed was if you had too much pump for the combo.

My car weighed 3800 lbs even with me in it when I made that run at BG last month. ..its a heavy car . There is a lot to be gained by losing some weight on my car

If you have to replace the lines you might want to go with the new teflon lined ones. No rubber to leak fumes.

I was at the garage where the two tone Heath Elmer car now resides but forgot to check for the return line. Too much other stuff going on with it.

On my own GN I run a double pumper setup from Racetronix and went with a -6 return, no problems. Think -8 would be way overkill.

Yeah, I think the 6 is plenty.

Mark, I'm just curious if Heath went bigger on the two tone. Lemme know..no rush. Thanks.

Back