You can type here any text you want

Rev X Torque Converters...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6Smackdown

Anyone running their 9.5" lock ups? How are they workin' out for you? And why doesn't ptc run the lock up option on their 9.5's. Is that a design thing or a personal choice?

From a trans noob (me):

What I have gathered, my opinion for a *mid 10 sec* car:

For 1/4 mile cars - NL PTC
For 1/8 mile cars - Husek NL
For lockup converter - Husek LU
I am sure others work but prefer proven results.

The clutch area in a 9.5 just isn't large enough to make it last on a driver. Definately not locked at WOT. So it is a design limitation at xxx hp.

Rev X is a very close copy of Husek 3021- Both are made in Ashville NC and call Dave let him explain or maybe he will chime in here.

Rev X is a very close copy of Husek 3021- Both are made in Ashville NC and call Dave let him explain or maybe he will chime in here.

It is an exact copy unless something has been done to make it ones own.

It is a good converter and if you do decide to buy one you should call Dave as he was the one that helped design it. Mike just jumped on the band wagon and did nothing to make it his own design, and he charges more for it than Dave to boot.
They are both vendors here but why support one that steals sales from another vendor. Dave will actually talk to you and provide advice and support before and after the sale while saving you money.

Fullthrottle will never give you the service or price that Dave will, and I hate thieves that do no work/development on said product but try to reap the rewards of others work by calling it their own.

Last edited:
Anyone running their 9.5" lock ups? How are they workin' out for you? And why doesn't ptc run the lock up option on their 9.5's. Is that a design thing or a personal choice?

I believe they will build you a LU version if you ask, I'm guessing that it would also add to the cost of an already expensive converter.

I will also add that I run a lock up from the same supplier as Dave [3500 stall] deep into the tens and has been the most reliable and consistent converter I have ever used.

Talk to Dave first and then if you don't feel he has what you want call Dusty or another supplier and see what you're really getting for the money you spend.

I love how people are ditching their LU converters for a PTC and paying a premium for one [$3/500] more than a LU or NLU from PTC when they can get one from Dave that performs as good or better when they don't even have the power to really take advantage of what they were just talked into.

In the converter sellers defense though, some people give wishful thinking numbers when ordering a converter and end up disappointed when the stall is to low making the car slower than if they had the right one.

Last edited:
Yea, gonna try Daves converter next. And maybe some of his other stuff if the budget's right next season :)

Call him , he always answers his phone .

Dave's are a little different from rev X's converters, yes dave's were copied. call him he will explain the differences.

Can't go wrong with calling Dave. He always answered his phone (if not, he always calls back), always took the time to guide me in the right directions of my goals. He provides the exact (personnel) service we all miss in todays large companies. I will always go to him for any transmission needs and more...he does many things, but transmissions are his specialty.

Back