Revolution x converter problems

85tr

I just installed what was supposed to be a 9.5" non lock up. Started the car after the install and back the car out of the garage with no problem. Put it in park let it warm up and topped off the fluid. When I tried to pull it back in the garage the car died like I had a manual trans and dropped the clutch. Could they have sent me a lock up by accident?

Even if they did send a lu trans wont lock in 1st. Is ur trans converted to non lock?

Any ideas why I was able to back the car out of the garage ok but then after it got fluid it locked up? Is it possible it just took a little time to get fluid in the new converter?

Even if they did send a lu trans wont lock in 1st. Is ur trans converted to non lock?

the no lockup 1st gear doesnt apply when its been converted to non lock a lockup converter
in a non lock trans it will lock up a LU converter once its in gear as if you had a clutch and no clutch pedal ..

What makes u think that was the cause? Did it lunge forward when it died ?

It backed out of the garage just fine then when I put it in drive to pull it back in it did jump forward and die. Now it hits hard when put into gear and dies. Pushing the car slightly forward or back depending on if it's if D or R.

the no lockup 1st gear doesnt apply when its been converted to non lock a lockup converter
in a non lock trans it will lock up a LU converter once its in gear as if you had a clutch and no clutch pedal ..
Great piece of info there.

Well I pulled the trans and converter tonight and sure is a lockup even though full throttle placed an order for a non lockup and my invoice and box it was shipped in both say non lock up? Missed the only Buick drag race event in my area because of this.

I'm glad you got it figured out. It's too bad you missed the event.
Frustrating, to say the least.

Yea it was. Heard back from full throttle today and they were very cool about the situation. Said they will let me know how soon they can get me out the correct converter.

Does worry me a bit that there are no markings on these converters to id them.

Well they still don't have the correct converter built. Full throttle has been ok during this issue. Ive had to call 4 times to get little info and was told it is out of there control. Today was told it's not finished yet and I might see it by next Thursday. Maybe I should ask for a refund and get the laybor day deal they have going this weekend. Would save me $70 and I would probably get the converter the same time. Too late.

Finally got the non lock up converter a few days ago and installed it today. After all this mess I'm happy that converter works very well.

It's gaining some popularity. I put one in my car as did another local guy very recently, probably contributed to the delay you dealt with to some degree. Wish I had some slip data but not yet.

I swapped from a ptc10" that was supposed to be a 2800 but I was seeing almost 3200 rpm. This converter is just shy of 2800 @ zero boost which seems perfect for my turbo. I'll post slip numbers when I get a chance to get on the car hard. Old ptc was almost 14%.