You can type here any text you want

Ridetech musclebar

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bishir

Serenity Now
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388449142.855041.jpg
it it me or does this flange look like it's going to hit the frame when it rotates? The drivers side has more clearance. I'm using the stock mounting holes per the directions. I still haven't been able to get the passenger side bracket bolted fully due to alignment issues. Besides his one small issue I love the kit so far.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388449334.960862.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388449355.759392.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388449374.849758.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388449389.625537.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388449411.778810.jpg

I included the wrong pic. I'm using my phone... Here is the passenger side..
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388449521.577006.jpg

put the arm on it and leave the end links out... then you will be able to move it thru it's full range of motion and see if it hits.

if you can't get the one side bolted up, i'd be checking to see if your frame is tweaked.. if it is, it's time for a trip to the body shop to get it put up on the frame rack and pulled straight..

Dayuuuum James!!!! Looks like the project is coming along. Looks great - love the brakes.

aaron

Looking good James! Your other parts should be coming Very soon! ;)

Do what Derrick said and unhook the end links and install the passenger arm on the sway bar and move it and see if it hit's.... Keep in mind that once the car is loaded and during normal driving the sway bars travel isn't that much but if it hit's I would have your frame checked because All of those Muscle bars are made on a jig so they should be all the same...

Might check with Conrad aka "Hotair" on here because he also just installed his and he never mentioned any issues... Let me know If I can help!

Thanks guys, Aaron you need to get in touch with me did you're doing powertour this year.

Update: after spending this morning in the garage I got it working. I guess my post was late night frustration. The bar fits very tight but it has to. The drivers side does stick out farther past the Frame but it has to or it wouldn't clear the bolts for the steering box. The boogered factory frame welds were so bad I had to hit it real quick with a flapper wheel which sucked because it ruined my por15 job but oh well.. Spray paint time! I included pics of the current status. I left the end link bolts a little loose until I can put some weight on the front of the car. I'm just sitting in the garage admiring how nice these parts look. Almost nothing is truly a bolt in, but this is pretty close.

Here are some pics including the sloppy factory weld that needed redone.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388521009.326318.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388521024.582775.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388521038.690125.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388521051.427820.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388521065.337738.jpg

The sad part is you're only showing part of the crappy welds James. With the new frame I had to get, there were more than a few spots that had to be re-welded because of the weld going wide or blow through.:arghh:

Yes the welds are atrocious. I'd say in an hour with a good grinder and welder would cure a majority of the mess with much more time if you'd like to be meticulous.

Yes the welds are atrocious. I'd say in an hour with a good grinder and welder would cure a majority of the mess with much more time if you'd like to be meticulous.
I spent a month on a bare frame James. I can provide pics if you want but it's all in my build thread. Look up "Finally got some time" in the B4black section.;)

Connected the steering linkage today here is a pic:

I lost my center link to pitman arm nit. Any help on the size of that nut?
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388702162.471388.jpg

I can tell you that you will not know what clearances are for sure until you put wheels/tires on car and load the chassis at ride height. I am installing the GNX fender extender at this time so I still don't know if I have a clearance problem with my GN or not. I do seem to remember that passenger side clearance with MuscleBar is closer than driver side! More later.
Conrad

Looking at 295-30-18 Rivals in front and 315-30-18 Rivals in rear. I know that 275-35-18 will work in front. Currently have 245-40-18 Riken Raptor on 8.5" wide wheels in front and 295-30-19 Michelin Pilot Sport on 10" wide wheel in rear (frame shaved). Want to go to 12" wide wheel and 335-30-18 Rival on rear but not sure it will fit without flaring the fender.`I understand that the Rivals run a little small so might work.

So how did it work out? I have one too and will be installing it when the paint is done. Somebody mentioned checking frame so should I have it done at the body shop?

Bumping this back up i started installing my bar last night with the same results seems the pass. side has the bushing a little distorted but it fits anyone run theirs on the road to see if the pass. side hits under compression?

I have TruTurn front bar and control arms. No rubbing on my car.
Conrad

Is it close on the pass. side and does it seem like the bushings are pushed up against the retainer ring leaving a gap on the outside of the bar?

Is it close on the pass. side and does it seem like the bushings are pushed up against the retainer ring leaving a gap on the outside of the bar?

Nice to hear you had yours installed. Mine is still in the box, sitting in my living room (with the rest of my parts) where it has been for the last year because I'm still waiting for my frame to come off.... Good luck with it.

Back