You can type here any text you want

Right cam for my combo?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

88ZNX

Let loose the Boost!!
Hey guys, My new combo is:

231 with main caps, Ported Champion Irons, stock ported intake, GTQ 70 turbo with .63 exh, stock TB, FMIC, 75 injectors, stock headers, 3 inch single shot, Leeo's tranny with 3500 lock up, Erics chip, SMC alky. I came across a 210/215 hyd roller with all of the roller valvetrain for a good deal. Is this cam good for my combo? I'm looking for some mid 10's and still have a/c and streetablily. Thanks

Jason

210/215 is great, we installed around 8-9 of these cams. They make alot of power. Good idle and pulls hard up to 5500-5700 rpm.

HTH
Prasad

Depending on your goals it should be fine. What is the overlap with that cam? If you dont plan on going over 130mph in the quarter id go for a smaller cam myself. Ductile cams are about $300ea. 3500 is not enough converter for a journal GTQ turbo. The .63 exhaust is a mis-match on a GTQ application also. You would be better off with a old 6776 or a 6765 turbo for your goals. 210-205 and a 6776 would get it done at about 25-26psi and be way more fun than the current plan/combo with a good tune and require a lot less converter.

Back