You can type here any text you want

Rims hot ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87chrisss

BLUBYU
driving the car a bit tonight no hard driving went home and put her away while putting the cover on the car my hand touched the front rim for some reason i never noticed but damn the rims were hot ass hell i burned my hand, i think i could have boiled an egg on the rim? i have the ttype rims..im assuming its the heat generated by the brakes and engine....never really noticed how hot it got..

was it on all 4 wheels or just one?
if it was just on one wheel, then you might have a stuck caliper or wheel cylinder that is causing it to drag.

well the only one i felt was the driver side...will check tomorrow... i would feel it if the caliper was dragging though..it rolls fine on neutral... now it has me thinking about what it could be..

If you did a lot of braking then it's just about normal. If you didn't do a lot of braking then I'd bet your calipers are not releasing right and are creating a ton of heat.

yea i was braking alot.. maybe 15 stop signs every damn block near my house has a stop sign..

Make sure to check for a stuck caliper but with that short a drive you shouldn't be heating up the brakes that much. If you were driving through the city in trafic then maybe, but just 15 or 20 blocks I have a feeling you've got a caliper hanging up or a hose that's colapsing.

1st, go buy one of the cheap harbor freight laser temp guns, you'd be surprised at the uses!
then measure all the wheels after a drive, ( I know the rears will be cooler) it give you a referance point.
as said , look for possible stuck caliper, also look for sufficient free play in master cyl push rod, does it allow it to return completely?
good luck

If you're still running the stock chrome plated steel factory wheels the fronts do get pretty hot after driving in town. I noticed that once too putting the cover on, both were pretty hot.

Back