Rip Off !!!

Robert

Any Buick owners in the Kansas City MO. area? I really need someone to do a "personal" check on a company in KC, MO that I think is ripping me off! Sent them a money order for a transmission in May & I still don't have any parts or answers! The company is : Old Car Parts, 6252 Truman Rd. K.C. MO 64127 816-231-4019. I also have a friend who bought the motor from the same car , & he too is getting the same run around. It would be real nice if someone could "drop in" on these charcaters and get some real answers. Thanks TAZ

What would you like done? I could call them(I'm sure you've done this) or I could go by there. I have some errands to run tomorrow after work , get prices from the junkyard for some guys on the Impala SS board. I would be willing to help but not sure how.

gn1220, Thanks, I am hoping that if someone was to get with these people face to face, some solid answers or action might come of it. You're right about the calls , I've logged about 30 to 35 calls to this place. If it wasn't such a rare transmission, 325-4L fwd from a turbo Riviera, I'd just go for my money back.This is happening to both myself & another buick owner, David Vessels. He bought the motor out of this car & he isgetting the same s++t that I am getting. Thanks Robert Hardifer 13164 Mapleview Lakeside, CA 92040 619-561-1054. This is a real bummer after just going thru the Mease D/P deal!!!

Watch out saying that "M" word, might get kicked off! I will see what I can do for you. Don't know how much help I will be, but we will see.

Now, now, now...we all know these things don't really happen!

Repeat after me...it's our theme song:

"If we pretend these things don't happen,
THEN THEY DID NOT HAPPEN!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But seriously, I'm VERY sorry you're having to go through this.

Many of us know what it's like to be "ripped off", and we'd love to help you, if we could, to shine the light on any scam, & offer our support.

gn1220 Thanks, I'm sure that a face to face contact will do a whole bunch more tha lots of phone calls.

I called today and they said it was shipped, don't know when, but it was shipped to Cali. The guy I talked to didn't seem to know much, told me to call back when the "Boss" was in. He said "The motor went one way and the tranny went another." I don't know where your buddy lives, but I hope it's in the opposite direction.
This guy sounds like some back-woods whatever. Answered the phone "Hello." Not what I would expect from a business. Never once mentioned a business name.
Give me some more details and I will go there if you want me to. It will have to be next week because I want my buddy to go with me. I'm not a very big guy. If something were to happen it would be nice to have someone to call 911! LOL Like I said, give me some more info: What do they tell you? Did they tell you it shipped? Could they tell you when?

Hi gn1220 Here's the gist of things. First I'm supprised they even answered the phone, I usually got the answering machine. When they did answer, got the same back woods type answer you got. They have been telling me the tranny "has shipped " since early June. The last call I got from them was Aug 11th saying the tranny would arrive Friday the 16th or Monday the 19th. Apparently they called David Vessles and told him the same thing about the motor. As of this AM neither one of us have recieved anything but "hot air" !I have logged between 30 /35 calls to these people and seem to get 3 different replies: answering machine, will call back, or the boss isn't here right now and he'll call you back, or the famous "it has shipped" ! Don't know what to belive, that's why I thought someone getting in their face might do some good. That's pretty much the story, lots of promises & no delivery. Thanks again for all your effort, let's hope it does some good. TAZ

I won't be able to go by there until tuesday. If nothing new happens between now and then, I will pay a visit tues. afternoon.

Mike, I'd be happy to meet you there sometime if this hasn't been resolved. I'm dam tired of people getting ripped off, and if I can help another buick guy, I'd like to. Let me know if there is a plan.

Doug

Hi all, here's the latest with the transmission rip off saga. gn1220 called the guy & it must have rattled him a little as the guy actually called me ! Told me tranny was shipped, but didn't have the info on it but would call back & get it for me. Of course this never happened! I called & got ahold of them on Thursday & got a story you guys are going to love! This guy says that he gave the trucking co. so much B/S that they just brought all his shippments back & dropped them on his dock. Sounds like some of the stories we have heard before;) Anyway, I told him that I would take care of the trucking & called a co. that zipped thru everything, got all the paperwork done & were going to pick up the tranny 9/6/02 between 12 & 5. I am going to call the trucking co. Monday & see if everthing went OK. Man am I going to be glad when this nightmare is done!!! Will let everyone know how it turns out. I want to thank all you guys for your assistance, really appericate it. TAZ

Hi All, Well here's the final chapter to my rip off saga. After 4 & 1/2 months of phone calls & litigation threats, & general heart burn, I finally had to contact a freight company myself to contract for delivery of the parts I had payed for ! Ended up with a CO. Called Central Transport Inter. Got tied up with a gal named Dianna , and let me tell you, she is one go getter!!! Took this gal less that a week of hounding Old Car Parts to get my parts to me. I sure want to stay on her good side. Anyway,for what it is worth, I would warn anyone not to deal with "Old Car Parts" in KC , MO, just a word of advice. Thanks to all who tried to help me out in this predicament! TAZ

Mease DP???

TAZ
Glad you got all that worked out. Hope your buddy got his engine. I just wanted to know what was up with the Mease DP.

Great news, Robert!!

Glad you've got that horror-story behind you! They sure thumbed their nose at you for a while, as if no laws applied to them.

It's amazing that most customers/businesses do not seem to know the Federal laws pertaining to these situations...there are huge fines & penalties exactly for these kinds of "experiences".

In addition to the US Postal Inspectors taking the case to investigate for the Federal felony of mail fraud, the FTC
(Federal Trade Commission) spells it out plainly at the link below.

There are very exact, & tough laws on the books. I hope no one gets ripped-off, but it happens...trust me, it happens.

Here's some consequences to know about:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/mailorder.htm

If I were a shady seller, that would "wake me up", but some people need to see the badge first.

Thanks for sharing the good news, Robert!

:)

5litereater, yes , my friend got his engie finally also. & yes I did get my Mease D/P a while back. Everything is up to date right now. But I did have to start a new project at the old lady's request. She wants a '53 Studebaker & of course it's goingto get an '87 Torbo GN engine & trans heh heh heh . Us kids gotta have our retirement toys :D