RJC Exhaust

Well I think this makes up my mind what to get,I have been eyein up this exhaust as I need to get rid of my crappy flowmaster system.I didnt really hear any feedback on it before so I'm glad you posted this.Btw what did this cost you with the shipping?I looked on their site,but it says like $159 :eek: didnt presume that was right.

Think mine was roughly $50 to ship. That amount seemed very resonable to me (I'm in the shipping industry), plus it was packaged excellently!

done

All installed. Everything went ok. Fit up of the ps pipe was a pain but I got it.

Few things: I used the factory 3 bolt hanger by the cat, not the one supplied with the exhaust. I didn't use the clamps that came with it and used band clamps instead. I would recommend this to any body buying this, made it fit better. I flattened out the ps factory muffler hanger and used a long bolt to catch the pipe that went over the axle. This stiffened everything up.

Over all I would say average for an exhaust install. Not the easiest but not the hardest. I called a buddy to come hang out while I installed it and he asked "why? To listen to you swear?" He came over and helped me and when it was over he said "you only swore 2 times I think". If that tells you anything.

I still have a fit up issue. It is very close to the differential, I had some hitting on my test drive. Also it was pretty close to the floor boards and with my 275lb friend we had some hitting . Im positive I can make it fit perfectly.

Sound:
idle-nice and deep, sounds like a lobster boat. Not too loud.
Mid range: quite, lots of turbo whine.
WOT: Classic Buick sound. Sounds like a quite fender dump. Not loud enough to attract the fuzz but great.

Cruising: zero drone. Jason isn't lying I have none. My cat is hollow though if that makes a difference.

Overall I think it sounds absolutely awesome.

On another note, I was super lean after install. I reset the computer and reprogrammed my blm number and it was in a safer range. I would say I still need a little more fuel. If that correlates to increased flow then there was an increase.

I will post pictures in a few minutes.

pics

Old one out. New one in.

Attachments

• 2011-07-30_12-50-31_340.jpg
    2011-07-30_12-50-31_340.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 433
  • 2011-07-30_12-50-42_990.jpg
    2011-07-30_12-50-42_990.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 433
  • 2011-07-30_12-51-06_278.jpg
    2011-07-30_12-51-06_278.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 428
  • 2011-07-30_12-51-13_506.jpg
    2011-07-30_12-51-13_506.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 425
  • 2011-07-30_12-51-18_868.jpg
    2011-07-30_12-51-18_868.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 436
more

More

Attachments

• 2011-07-30_14-53-39_290.jpg
    2011-07-30_14-53-39_290.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 409
  • 2011-07-30_14-52-50_610.jpg
    2011-07-30_14-52-50_610.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 405
  • 2011-07-30_14-53-03_892.jpg
    2011-07-30_14-53-03_892.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 402
  • 2011-07-30_14-53-18_783.jpg
    2011-07-30_14-53-18_783.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 400
I seen the 159 too when I looked on my iphone. Then checked again on my PC, and saw the 549.. LOL I hate to ask what the shipping to Hawaii is !!!!:eek:

sup paul, it was just under $100 to get to hawaii, they will work with you to find the cheapest way to get it here. not too bad imo considering

i had a hard time installing mine, took like 8 hrs on a lift!! but i didnt have the stock hangers in the back so i had to fab up some. mines isnt quite as close to the diff as yours but close enough to hit on big bumps, i figure after some time it will eventually clearance itself haha. also i asked jason about using the band clamps, he advised agianst it because the pipes can still rotate since its not really crimping them down like the gullotines. i ended up tacking the pipes together and putting band clamps over them after.

clamps

i had a hard time installing mine, took like 8 hrs on a lift!! but i didnt have the stock hangers in the back so i had to fab up some. mines isnt quite as close to the diff as yours but close enough to hit on big bumps, i figure after some time it will eventually clearance itself haha. also i asked jason about using the band clamps, he advised agianst it because the pipes can still rotate since its not really crimping them down like the gullotines. i ended up tacking the pipes together and putting band clamps over them after.

True. My biggest issue with the guillotine style is they crimp the pipes and make it hard to get on/off later down the road. I just washed the car and boy do those pipes like nice.

sup paul, it was just under $100 to get to hawaii, they will work with you to find the cheapest way to get it here. not too bad imo considering

Wassup !!!! I guess I gotta work some OT then!! Looks like I'll be going that way instead of the Hooker System. Were you at the Hawaii Kai cruz night?? Thought I saw you there from afar. I getting old, no can see faaaa!! LOL

The website says that they're made a couple at a time and may have a wait. Did they have this one in stock? I'm going to just make the call and order it here in a couple weeks when my fun money gets restocked. I want to keep the original quiet exhaust sooooo bad but the car runs so crappy through it that I won't even try to give it hell unless I crawl under it and unscrew the dump, which isn't very often. Most of the time the car may as well be a hurst olds or monte carlo.

Number one priority with me is NO DRONE. Second is to be as quiet as possible, as long as it's not annoying loud I'll live with it. I'm changing downpipes soon and I'm gonna skip even having a dump pipe.

Wassup !!!! I guess I gotta work some OT then!! Looks like I'll be going that way instead of the Hooker System. Were you at the Hawaii Kai cruz night?? Thought I saw you there from afar. I getting old, no can see faaaa!! LOL

Haha no that wasn't me, can't take the car out cause it's running like crap right now.

Ineedagn - had to wait about 2 weeks for one to come in before it shipped

hello; Noreaster I said the same thing as to the sound but I just said it sounded like a motor boat at times.
Good job. With my old exhaust I gave it away to someone local no ship. It worked out good.
IBBY

sound

The website says that they're made a couple at a time and may have a wait. Did they have this one in stock? I'm going to just make the call and order it here in a couple weeks when my fun money gets restocked. I want to keep the original quiet exhaust sooooo bad but the car runs so crappy through it that I won't even try to give it hell unless I crawl under it and unscrew the dump, which isn't very often. Most of the time the car may as well be a hurst olds or monte carlo.

Number one priority with me is NO DRONE. Second is to be as quiet as possible, as long as it's not annoying loud I'll live with it. I'm changing downpipes soon and I'm gonna skip even having a dump pipe.

You will not be disappointed. The sound is great but not what I would call loud. Zero done and I mean zero. Right around 2500 rpm there is a great throaty sound but not drone.

Buy it I don't see how somebody wouldn't like it unless they are going for a loud system.

Hey noreaster maybe u can help me out with mounting the muffler how did u mount it with that straight bracket that's on the muffler ? Maybe U can take a pic for look in the pic I put up that's what I'm talking about
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1403229923.119440.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1403229936.082473.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I can try to snag a pic for you later. The install was a little difficult and I ended up using band clamps.

As for an update, I love this exhaust

Thanks .... All I really need is a picture of how this muffler gets mounted with the bracket with a hole in it ...if u could take a pic if that , that would b sweet this what I'm talking about
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1403277295.417147.jpg