Rjc Plate Install/throttle Body Gasket?

dan lephart

NEED THE PART NUMBER AND SOURCE FOR THE THROTTLE BODY TO PLENUM GASKET. :confused: I NEED TO REMOVE THE PLENUM TO INSTALL AN RJC POWER PLATE. OR SHOULD I REMOVE IT WITH THE PLENUM. THANX IN ADVANCE. :D

The gaskets go on dry and Jason from RJC can sell you the 2 gaskets you'll need! I ordered a few from him over the winter.

You don't need to remove the throttle body. Just leave it attached to the plenum and pull it as one assembly.

Dan,

You don't need to remove the TB to install the PP. Just remove the TB and DH together.

However, should you need one, the TB to DH gasket is:

GASKET
Throt Body (1986-87)

BTW, and I'm sure you know this, the key to successfully negotiating this job is not stripping the lower intake manifold bolts, or twisting the PVC, boost gauge vacuum harness (the black painted metal vacuum harness on the PS of the DH).

strike

strikeeagle said:
Dan,

You don't need to remove the TB to install the PP. Just remove the TB and DH together.

However, should you need one, the TB to DH gasket is:

GASKET
Throt Body (1986-87)

BTW, and I'm sure you know this, the key to successfully negotiating this job is not stripping the lower intake manifold bolts, or twisting the PVC, boost gauge vacuum harness (the black painted metal vacuum harness on the PS of the DH).

strike

I did this last weekend and stripped one of the bolts. It holds 15psi righ tnow so I'm not too worried. Its a daily driver so I'll fix it when it bothers me enough or when it effects things. I would make sure and be careful with those bolts though.

Stripping the intake threads is a threat as the PP reduces the number of bolt threads going into the manifold. I made up some longer studs and just snugged them down. No need to send them home with the impact. ;)

I bought a box of longer bolts when I did my power plate. I forget the size but it is metric:)

Do a search, that is how I found the correct size. Ordered a box from McMaster Carr as the local hardware stores didn't have them.

-Mark