You can type here any text you want

RJC power plate install tips?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
I'm about to do this. As I am aware it's a requirement of the removal of 4 bolts, plenum off, set gasket and plates on top of intake opening, plenum down, reinstall 4 bolts....

Is there anything else that must be done? Will the TV cable have to be reset? What else can i expect?

Thanks!

DO NOT go very tight on the bolts when you put them back in. Too many of us found out the hard way. The back bolt on the passenger side strips out like butter. Do not tighten past snug or you will regret it. The threads in the intake are soft.

Other than that it's pretty straight forward. I did not mess with TV cable or anything else.

I'm about to do this. As I am aware it's a requirement of the removal of 4 bolts, plenum off, set gasket and plates on top of intake opening, plenum down, reinstall 4 bolts....

Is there anything else that must be done? Will the TV cable have to be reset? What else can i expect?

Thanks!

I had to remove the throttle cables and bracket also. I used a thin bead of silicone on each surface...very thin and as close to outside edge as possible, I did not drill for the EGR. Be careful when tightening the plenum back up, the plate and gaskets will raise the plenum up and it's easier to strip out the studs. go a little at a time on each bolt up to about 18ft/lbs. Hope that helps.

Thanks, I don't have a torque wrench but I will not torque them too much, maybe just a little snug and call it good.

I had wondered if I should use some RTV or not.

Go to Lowe's and by some longer bolts then use a dab of loctite and tighten up!:biggrin:

Thanks, I don't have a torque wrench but I will not torque them too much, maybe just a little snug and call it good.

I had wondered if I should use some RTV or not.

i Didn't use any type of RTV on mines and everything looks good and i have no leaks YET!!

Take it from me, while you are in there, helicoil all the threads for added strength. M8 x 1.25. While I was having things powdercoated, I helicoiled every bolt hole on the intake. This way you wont have to worry about being TOO tight. Plus you can run plenum studs if you wanted to ease in lining things up. Food for thought. It's not hard at all. Then again, I have a front mount so I was standing in the engine bay when I did it.:D

Back