You can type here any text you want

rjc power plate

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

little db

1 GN 4 ME
i just bought a rjc power plate and am going to be putting it in but i am wondering if amyone is running one and if they are running with a functional egr or if they left it blocked off? is there any bennie to that or not- also my long term objective is about 400 to 500 hp

I'm runing an RJC Powerplate and I *did* drill the hole for the EGR as I belive most people do keep the EGR circuit functioning.

I've been told that disabling the EGR system really messes with the tuning. I'm not sure about that though. Someone more knowledgeable than me should chime in.....

Rob

Unless it's...

an emissions chip, most chip burners elimate the egr function. My intake is blocked. No problems w/TT chip.:smile:

The easiest is to just drill the hole that way you have the hole if the EGR function is needed. If the EGR is blocked it won't matter if the hole is there or not.

HTH
David

Agreed. The easiest method is to drill the hole and leave the EGR functional. Certainly doesn't hurt performance any.
And depending on the requirements for smog testing, the EGR will definately need to be functioning.

Most smog chips do leave the EGR functional for that very reason.

an emissions chip, most chip burners elimate the egr function. My intake is blocked. No problems w/TT chip.:smile:

I'm sure you have real strict smog inspection requirements over there. ;)

thank you for the information- i will just drill the hole and be done with it. once again thank you for the info! does anyone have any suggestions for getting up to about the 400 hp mark right now i dont have much done just the k&n filter and a boost controller and a adjustable fuel pressure reg. anything would be great!

Back