You can type here any text you want

RJC power plate

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i dont think you really gain anything power wise, just redirects airflow to the cylinders too keep them from leaning out, just extra insurance!

Dave right?

I run them on all my cars for the fact that i get a little bit less knock. Plus i told you about how Jason did it right in front of us with heads with no valves and the intake with throttle body. It really made a difference, and you cant tune on just 2 cylinders.

Everyone that knocks the RJC plate usually steps up and says hemco, so that should tell you that there is a issue with the plenum track on our cars, it needs to be fixed......

I have a spare plate and a hemco, so let me know if you want to buy here, heck ill ship em to you.

Nice meeting you the other day, funny how everyone meets up now adays:smile:

BW 816 215 4679 Bryan

Yeah it's me. Just wondering how everyone else liked theirs. I'll probably be looking into getting one since I took a look at my plenum and didn't see one. How much you looking to get for yours?

Yeah it's me. Just wondering how everyone else liked theirs. I'll probably be looking into getting one since I took a look at my plenum and didn't see one. How much you looking to get for yours?

RJC A.D. Power Plate

I have a slightly used one from my car, with gaskets for 40.00

If you want to buy more stuff let me know, its busy season :)

Are both the gaskets pretty good? Is it for the stock plenum?

And do you accept Paypal? :)

just make one from a serial box. thats what i did.

BTW on my car with the PP
1-TT chip
2-hot wired 340
3-cleaned stock injectors
i have been to 17 PSI and no Knock at the scanmaster
OHH and no tuning.

When you get the PP and pull your doghouse off, stick it in a vice and cut off the EGR square, smooth out the inside as best you can then take a look at how much of the plen hole sticks out as looking through the TB then pull tb off and grind and smooth off the extra meat on doghouse inlet.

Use dremel with grinding stones with spray bottle filled with antifreeze, squirt and grind so the Alum doesnt gum up your stones

and you can buy rolls of gasket material at any autozone or advance, lay it out flat for a day or so then make up your templets, exacto knife and walla...gaskets for every occasion

RJC A.D. Power Plate

What kinds of gains, if any can I expect from one of these?

Funny that I just saw this thread at the top of the list; I was just about to start a new thread looking for others' opinions on the Power Plates. My car had one already installed when I bought it last year but I've never pulled the upper plenum so I didn't know exactly what the plate looked like until another board member who's local to me showed his plate to me--I can see how it evens the flow out to all the cylinders but at the same time to me it also looks like a huge restriction--any thoughts on this?

Thanks

i like mine, it seems to run a little smoother up top andpart throttle seems torquier. you dont really gain much power from the gasket itself, it just allows you to run a little more boost where otherwise you wouldve leaned out the back 2 cyls

I can see how it evens the flow out to all the cylinders but at the same time to me it also looks like a huge restriction--any thoughts on this?

Id guess with open area, you got boost forced in, car is moving forward so its all jamming up against the back wall, although there is that hump which might have been designed to deflect the volume of air back around? but most have said the back two cylinders get the lean treatment.

So then ya put the plate on, air comes in, swirls around as its being sucked down? I bought my car, advice on board was to get one, I got one and thats all i know

WOW I just realized how cheap I realy am.:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_9251internet.JPG
    IMG_9251internet.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 363

Yeah, and you even traced them way down in the corner so you could use the rest of that piece for more gaskets...:biggrin: Don't forget you could make some turbo oil drain line gaskets out of the pieces you cut from the middle of your plenum gaskets...:rolleyes:

Yeah, and you even traced them way down in the corner so you could use the rest of that piece for more gaskets...:biggrin: Don't forget you could make some turbo oil drain line gaskets out of the pieces you cut from the middle of your plenum gaskets...:rolleyes:

LMAO ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:biggrin:

Thats a great idea.
just make one from a serial box. thats what i did.
What kind of cereal do you eat,I have some Captain Crunch and some Friut Loops,just wondering which would be the better box to use!!!!!
BTW on my car with the PP
1-TT chip
2-hot wired 340
3-cleaned stock injectors
i have been to 17 PSI and no Knock at the scanmaster
OHH and no tuning.

Well everyone, the plate is on, but I can't say I've noticed any difference. I still sometimes get KR on the Scanmaster. It might possibly be false.

The worst I got was 8 KR at 800 mv in 2nd stabbing it from 40 mph. On 91 octane and all of the mods in my sig. :rolleyes:

PP Test

I tested mine in Bowling Green this year on back to back runs about 30 minutes apart. I went 128.2 MPH with the power plate and 127.9 MPH without. This is with the the stock plenum and 62mm throttlebody. I had more cool down on the first run so I feel the power plate probably really makes no difference on my car. I plan to test it again a little more scientifically the next time I make it to the track.

Back