You can type here any text you want

RJC power plate

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1fast6

I have an oportunity to by a a RJC plate for a stock plenum for 30 bucks. Are they worth the money and effort? There website claims 2-4lbs of boost increase without knock.

Its tested and proven to equally distribute the air evenly to all cylinders. Some think it's great some don't like it, but for $30 bucks it's worth it to see how you feel cause even if you don't think it's worth it you can sell it and get your money back in like 10 mins, and besides it's about a 15 minute install.

Ur not gonna see a horsepower increase simply by installing it but what you will see is you will keep your headgaskets in place and it will allow you to turn the wick up a lil more without detonation..Which is where your horsepower increase will come from...

Yes, well worth it, especially at that price. Better distribution of air flow, can run a little higher PSI without knock, and my car idled smoother.

Thats the same I paid for mine and I wouldn't push on a turbo buick without one. As stated the install is one of the easiest for your motor. If you are tickling the knock sensor that will go away at the same boost (mine did anyway). Good luck with it. Jon Hanson

you must have not searched real well because this topic has been beat to death ..... i have a power plate but its under a better plenum that stock. If you were so concerned seems u would call jason @ rjc

you must have not searched real well because this topic has been beat to death ..... i have a power plate but its under a better plenum that stock. If you were so concerned seems u would call jason @ rjc

Whoa, easy guys. The topic has been covered, recovered, etc, but it is what it is. I have searched some topics, but most posts are older, so I will open up another thread asking for more recent input. I would absolutely Trust Jasons stuff, but if someone doesn't know his parts or reputation, sometimes calling the person who is selling the part is not as unbiased of an opinion than guys running them on different cars, different setups, and in different situations.

Can't we all just get along? :biggrin:

seems your a little slow so i will try this one more time. i like to get real word opinions on an item. not the sales pitch from the company. thanks again for caring though.

seems your a little slow so i will try this one more time. i like to get real word opinions on an item. not the sales pitch from the company. thanks again for caring though.

im very slo i only ran 10.90's on a stock longblock car that weighed like 3,770lb with me ... it had a 60 in it but the maf took a dump .... the part works

if it was a sales pitch dont you think others would have said so by now ?
seriously i see you going fast very soon

It's amazing to me how some people communicate online, in a manner, that they would never do in person.

It's amazing to me how some people communicate online, in a manner, that they would never do in person.

so so true...... ease up snapper heads.... just don't reply if you dont like the question...:redface:

only change I noticed was the car idled smoother... for the price and the ease of install what can it hurt

I don't even remember its there half the time. I have had it so long and made other changes to the car I can't say if it helps or hurts. I do know my plugs all look the same when i change them so its worth it in my opinion.

The mans right though. Its been a topic of many threads. The design has not changed and ever car is different. I use the search a lot! Google too. Redundant threads create problems period. Yeah the saying goes "if you have nothing good to say..." but if we do that then this board would be a total wreck. I think it needs to be a sticky for more things like that. Alky, intercoolers, fuels, converter, engine management etc. No need to argue about the stuff.

RJC Plate install

i did do a search. i also read about them on rjc website. i like to see real word feedback. thanks for being so concerned though:rolleyes:

Just my 2cents, but you may wish to install 2 studs in place of the rear most bolts when securing your plenum after the RJC plate is installed. With the extra thickness you'll find there's only a couple of threads holding on......real easy to strip these when tightening things down. Just run down to Home Depot and get some threaded rod and cut to length. Worked great for me (and I can now really torque down the nuts and not have to worry). :biggrin:

Agreed. If there is a problem with a thread what does whining about it accomplish? Just have a moderator close or merge it to another thread.

I'm about to install my power plate in the next couple days so this thread did benefit me as well.

what exactly does this plate thingy do ?? :confused: air is air . how could it help a Buick ?? Can I use it on another type of car ??
...... sorry for so many questions. Didn't have time to do a search on the gazillion threads there are out there on this :p

From my research on this topic in the past, what i have gather is that since it is forced air the rear two cylinders get the most impact and will cause them to detonate sooner. RJC makes specific plates for specific plenums that redistributes the air flow as equally as possible to all the cylinders.

Even though it appears that the air is restricted significantly the open area of the plates is still greater than the air allowed through the throttle body. This has been tested by RJC and i had one on my car running 18psi on 93 octane and there was no knock whatsoever.

As stated there is another thread on here that explains all this in better detail.

I'm sure a power plate would work for other engines that had forced air but that would require testing for that specific application.

D

what exactly does this plate thingy do ?? :confused: air is air . how could it help a Buick ?? Can I use it on another type of car ??
...... sorry for so many questions. Didn't have time to do a search on the gazillion threads there are out there on this :p

From my research on this topic in the past, what i have gather is that since it is forced air the rear two cylinders get the most impact and will cause them to detonate sooner. RJC makes specific plates for specific plenums that redistributes the air flow as equally as possible to all the cylinders.

Even though it appears that the air is restricted significantly the open area of the plates is still greater than the air allowed through the throttle body. This has been tested by RJC and i had one on my car running 18psi on 93 octane and there was no knock whatsoever.

As stated there is another thread on here that explains all this in better detail.

I'm sure a power plate would work for other engines that had forced air but that would require testing for that specific application.

D

ya but one of my cousins brother has one on a 14 sec car an didn't gain anything :confused:

Back