You can type here any text you want

RJC power plate

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello; Any stories on this item? I read the ad. and it sounds good but is it worth it to be put on a street car? Do you think it would make the car run any better?
IBBY

Yes it's a very popular item. Lots of people running it. It works.

When we did some track testing on the RJC Power Plate years ago when it was first introduced, we ran back-to-back passes on a low 12 sec. GN.

The car was very well instrumented, and we were able to determine the knock threshold accurately after a few passes.

After installing the PP, we were able to increase boost 2-3 PSI before we reached the same point.

From memory, this was worth a .2-.3 ths increase in E.T., and about 3 MPH.

So yes, this is a very worthwhile investment to obtain that much increase in performance for a street car. :)

Also, Jason from RJC had nothing to do with the testing, but supply the unit!

I look at it this way,their are some real old grumpy guys on here that go alot faster than me and they use them so it is good enough for meo_OOh and race Jace is very helpfull with all his products :)

Kevin

Even if it doesn't make the car faster, there are known flow issues with the stock intakes, which is all I personally have ever run. I've had this plate in since I was running 15psi on my stock turbo and pump gas and still run it now. It def didn't slow my car down in any way, and when I did finally have to pull the heads off, all the cylinders looked the same, which is all I wanted out of it. Some say there are problems running them with a lot of alky, but I have never experienced any. I've never ventured to truly test my car without the plate as I see no reason to verify it by taking a step backwards.

Lot's of interesting reading here: See post #19

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/interesting-numbers.363911/

Back