You can type here any text you want

RJC Power Plates

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
yes

Engine runs smoother at idle & higher rpm. A good investment. Many here use it & I've not seen any complaints. :smile:

Two thumbs up.
Something else I experienced was a drop in my EGT's at highway speeds.

Money well spent and a must-have, in my opinion, to insure safe and equal air flow to all cylinders.

Besides.....RJC is a great company with spectacular service.

All of the above.
I have run one since they were first brought out. I ran one on my old Stage II TSE car, and I currently run one on my stock motor, stock t-body stock plenum car. It is proven to help redistribute the air flow equally between all the cylinders. The factory design causes the back two cylinders (#5 & #6) to run lean. This plate, whether it be for a stock plenum, a KB/Accufab plenum or a PTE plenum will dramatically help equalize the air flow. Each year at Bowling Green, Jason has a display that shows the effects that the Power Plate has on the various plenums. It is a very dramatic demonstration of a product that simply works.

I have also had customers who reported EGT temps that were within 50* of each other after installing a Power Plate. If you ask my personal opinion, every car should have one, unless it's a 9.0 or faster car (in the 1/4) that needs volume, or is running Stage II cylinder heads with a Monster turbo such as TSO class. Jason did his homework when he designed the Power Plates, and I've been a believer since day one. I've noticed on all the cars that I've run one on, that the motor idles and revs smoother, it's easier too tune the car and the plugs have a more even coloration compared to how they were when not running one.

Two thumbs up from me as well.
Just my O2's worth.

Patrick

Rjc

:D Power Plate really works! Changed the plugs before I installed mine. The old plugs (1500 miles) were ok but were not the same in color which was normal for my car. After running the Power Plate with new plugs for 1500 mile I pulled the plugs. WOW each plug was exactly the same. Proof that the Plate evens the flow.

:eek: I have to mention that there was feel it in seat gain of power. My boost @ 18# with stock injectors and turbo shows NO KNOCK.:eek:

The RJC Power Plate works as advertised!

Easy to install! :cool: BUY IT!:cool:

On both the cars listed in sig.

Definitely does what it advertises, my car always had problems with detonation even after fuel system upgrades, new computer chip, etc. Put in the PowerPlate to even out the airflow and it drastically reduced the knock I was getting from detonation. It doesn't directly give you a ton more horsepower but it indirectly gives you more power by letting you safely run high boost without leaning out the rear cylinders.

i will still never forget the day at the WCN when jason came out with his stock intake with a leaf blower hooked up to it showing people how the power plate works :)

I saw smoother idle and better acceleration and plugs all look equal vs no PP. Not able to run any more boost though.
Its worth it IMO

Id love to see an actual data log with a before and after PP install. There would need to be a 6 channel egt setup. One for each header tube and data recorded and compared on the egts across the rpm range and cylinder to cylinder. The leaf blower idea is cute but doesnt take into effect the opening and closing of the valves which creates pressure pulsations in the intake. There is also a lot of fuel fog in the stock plenum over 3000 rpm. The powerplate should have a documentable effect on all of this. Plenum spacers of various thicknesses could be used for even more pertinent data. Usually the higher the rpm the more plenum volume needed. More than enough is not usually a problem but too little causes too much pressure variances in the plenum as the valves open and close and the the speed of the engine increases. Cam overlap could even be thrown in the mix and tested with the plates and spacers. There is no doubt it has a positive effect on mixture balance though. How much seems to vary engine to engine based on the intake design and combo.

It sucks big time on the BGC intake. The DLS power plate is much closer than the RJC was.

RJC Power plate works!

As stated above they work and it keeps those holes out of the center of the #5 and #6 pistons.

Back