You can type here any text you want

Rock Chips In The New Paint

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AKTURBOTA

I had my TTA repainted this last winter and am noticing that the ground effects behind the rear wheels inside the wheel wells are getting very chipped up. I don't have splash guards on the car. There doesn't seem to be any splash guards/mud flaps that are made for the 89 trans am.

I am curious to know what other owners have done to prevent/minimize rock chips behind the front and rear wheels. I have a nice "flat" paint job and want to do what I can to keep it as nice as possible.

If its a daily driver, go to a harder compound tire, they will not pick up as much debris,rocks or sand like a soft tire. Sticky tires will destroy and sand blast the well area, or get splash guards.

Thanks for the comments. It is a daily driver, but don't want to swap out drag radials, so now it is a matter of finding splash guards that are made for the Trans Am, or finding a pair of universal fit splash guards.

Back