Rocker arm retainers (plastic clips)

Squid4life

I bought nearly a case of rocker arm retainers (the little white plastic clips/ inserts). Short story is auto parts gave me the run around on them when I needed a set so they gave me a decent discount. Well, to get my moneys worth out of them I bought all that they had at a discount! Cheapest I have found them is about a buck a piece plus shipping online or $1.30 each local so how about $12 shipped for a full set of 12 to pass on a good deal. (shipping is still a few bucks...) These are Melling brand, and it is always good to have a spare set on hand!

I have 8 sets of 12 to sell.

did'nt realize that the heavy duty rockers shaft i bought from TA,has bottons included,so im going to pass on the 2 sets.
Thanks Ramon

did'nt realize that the heavy duty rockers shaft i bought from TA,has bottons included,so im going to pass on the 2 sets.
Thanks Ramon

Let me know how that goes for you. They are a real PITA to get in those shafts. I broke at least have the buttons and then another broke during the first start up. You may want to order extras. Here's a thread with my trials and tribulations. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...-remove-replace-rocker-arm-shaft-buttons.html. In the end I ended up taking it all apart and tapping the holes.

Let me know how that goes for you. They are a real PITA to get in those shafts. I broke at least have the buttons and then another broke during the first start up. You may want to order extras. Here's a thread with my trials and tribulations. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...-remove-replace-rocker-arm-shaft-buttons.html. In the end I ended up taking it all apart and tapping the holes.

That's odd. I just installed all new ones on my stock shafts, and encountered no problems what so ever. They were extremely easy to install once I found the right sized deep socket that would fit the button head nicely and give me a nice object to smack them with. Couple good smackes and they were seated perfectly.

Thanks Ramon

Cool, no worries.

Raf is right, the HD shafts usually break a few retainers. Not sure if it is due to the extra thickness so more meat for the retainers to go through or what. Like Dave I found a good method/ tools for installing and even found a punch the same diameter as the tops of the retainers and use a small deadblow hammer. Easy on stockers, but always broke a few on the HD shafts.

TTT, OBO. Just thought I got a good deal so would pass it along. Had someone PM me saying they got them cheaper local, but def not here on the left coast! ;) Had a hard time finding them at all...

Shoot me an offer on a set.

Back