You can type here any text you want

Rocker arm retainers (plastic clips)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Squid4life

I bought nearly a case of rocker arm retainers (the little white plastic clips/ inserts). Short story is auto parts gave me the run around on them when I needed a set so they gave me a decent discount. Well, to get my moneys worth out of them I bought all that they had at a discount! Cheapest I have found them is about a buck a piece plus shipping online or $1.30 each local so how about $12 shipped for a full set of 12 to pass on a good deal. (shipping is still a few bucks...) These are Melling brand, and it is always good to have a spare set on hand!

I have 8 sets of 12 to sell.

did'nt realize that the heavy duty rockers shaft i bought from TA,has bottons included,so im going to pass on the 2 sets.
Thanks Ramon

did'nt realize that the heavy duty rockers shaft i bought from TA,has bottons included,so im going to pass on the 2 sets.
Thanks Ramon

Let me know how that goes for you. They are a real PITA to get in those shafts. I broke at least have the buttons and then another broke during the first start up. You may want to order extras. Here's a thread with my trials and tribulations. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...-remove-replace-rocker-arm-shaft-buttons.html. In the end I ended up taking it all apart and tapping the holes.

Let me know how that goes for you. They are a real PITA to get in those shafts. I broke at least have the buttons and then another broke during the first start up. You may want to order extras. Here's a thread with my trials and tribulations. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...-remove-replace-rocker-arm-shaft-buttons.html. In the end I ended up taking it all apart and tapping the holes.

That's odd. I just installed all new ones on my stock shafts, and encountered no problems what so ever. They were extremely easy to install once I found the right sized deep socket that would fit the button head nicely and give me a nice object to smack them with. Couple good smackes and they were seated perfectly.

Thanks Ramon

Cool, no worries.

Raf is right, the HD shafts usually break a few retainers. Not sure if it is due to the extra thickness so more meat for the retainers to go through or what. Like Dave I found a good method/ tools for installing and even found a punch the same diameter as the tops of the retainers and use a small deadblow hammer. Easy on stockers, but always broke a few on the HD shafts.

TTT, OBO. Just thought I got a good deal so would pass it along. Had someone PM me saying they got them cheaper local, but def not here on the left coast! ;) Had a hard time finding them at all...

Shoot me an offer on a set.

Back