You can type here any text you want

Rod Lengths???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rking

I have a 3.625 stroke crank and I need help figuring out what rod lengths would be good. I found some 6.625 in rods, but I am thinking that those are too long. I just need some help on what lengths you guys are running with this crank. TIA

BTW I dont have a short deck block.

Thanks

6.50s will work; that's what I have. The 6.65s will be too long to get a workable piston. You'll probably end up with a bridged oil ring even with the 6.50s.

You will need custom pistons for that long of a rod (6.50 or 6.625). I thought I had heard that the 6.625 would work with a plugged piston. Check with some of the TR engine builders.

wouldn't do it

The rings in the pin aren't the worst of it.. I don't think there is anyway of getting enough dome thickness (negative dome if you will) with that long of a rod under 12 to 1 compression.. 6.5 is it with a 3.625 stroke.. You will be much happier with a 6.2 to 6.3 and a max of 6.5.. You can use the longer rods with a shorter stroke. Hope this helps. Dave

Thanks alot guys! What do you think about running those rods with a 3.50 stroke crank??

with the 3.625 crank you could have a GOOD rod ratio of 1.82 (professional racers use a r.r. of about 1.7-1.8 for reduced friction). the 3.5 crank would give you 1.89....thats too high i think

the best ratio i can see would be the 3.625 crank with the 6.5 rods. that'll give you a 1.79, hell it even looks plausable.

Back