You can type here any text you want

Roller Cam grinds

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86 TR

Work In Progress
I purchased a 210-215 hydraulic roller. I have champion ported irons, ported stock intake, Harland sharp 1.55 roller rockers, TE60 turbo, 3000 stall converter 60lb motron injectors. My ultimate goal is to run into the high tens eventually. I know the TE60 probably won't get it there but is this cam too big for my application? Last year with a flat tappet 210-205 cam and the same turbo my car ran the best of a 11.20 @ 119mph at 24psi boost. I don't want to get too big of a cam that makes the car lazy on the bottom end.

This is a primarily street driven car with occasional track weekends. Ive had alot of guys say go with a comp. 206-206 or 212-212 etc. Why is the duration more on the exhaust compared to the intake? I always thought in a turbo motor you should keep the intake and exhaust at the same duration.

Maybe im wrong.

Any insight will be helpful.

In my opinion its only one step up from what your running now, i don't think it would be a problem. That's a funny grind I know Full Throttle sells it but who makes it?:confused:

Which ones a comp grind. I think comp does all there split patten turbo cams with more intake than exhaust duration.

Which ones a comp grind. I think comp does all there split patten turbo cams with more intake than exhaust duration.

IIRC, Comp Cams makes a 206/206, a 212/212 and a 218/212. I have a 218/212 Comp cam.

Full Throttle sells "Revolution X" cams.

Jim

The Rev X cams are ground by comp.....I plan on purchasing the 210/215 as soon as I get that $1,200 check from the Gov.:biggrin: I was going to go with the 215/220 but I think it may be too much with only a 3,000 stall converter.

I think you will also be fine with this grind, my flat tappet was 223/223/502/502 and it worked pretty good, the car did have some lag but it still was fun on the street and pulled real hard.

A 210/ 205 is a flat tappet . So the move to the roller he has is a huge step, not one step like stated above. The roller is plenty of cam for your goals.

IMHO... all you need is a GT6776 DBB and alky..... you should average easily in the 10's... on pump gas... of course... old school turbo recommendation would be a TE45-A and a PTC N/L 3500 stall....

A TE60 should be able to push you into the 10's. I ran 11.07 with horrible 60 foots. I was running basically the same combo that you are. My motor had ported irons, roller cam, TE60, and a FMIC. The only differences I have now is a classic FAST and a PT54 and it is in the low tens. But then again Old Reliable is sort of a freak!!! :D

You should be able to run high 10's with your turbo if you get the boost up in the 27 psi range and the rest of your combo tune is good.

I guess I should clarify my recommendation..... that you don't "have" to have the components I listed... but it will be much easier to achieve your goals..... and you should be able to get there consistantly.... and on less boost....... however.... if all the stars are aligned... there has been at least one person that took a the considerably smaller TA49 into the 10's....

Good luck.

I guess I should clarify my recommendation..... that you don't "have" to have the components I listed... but it will be much easier to achieve your goals..... and you should be able to get there consistantly.... and on less boost....... however.... if all the stars are aligned... there has been at least one person that took a the considerably smaller TA49 into the 10's....

Good luck.

The TA49 has been 10.80's on stock unported heads and intake:eek: .

I went 11.0s on the comp 218/212....and a 3500 stall. TE-63 and 65 injectors

Back