You can type here any text you want

Roller cam install,Questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo1962

Installing new comp 206/210 .517 comp cam and ported/polished heads. not sure how many miles on engine. so i was going to install new rings and bearings,timming chain. any tips/things that might help? my car was shifting at about 5100 what should i shift at now? TE 61 turbo 60# alky,PTS 9/11 3200 converter. i have been running it unlocked at WOT. Do i need to step up to a PTC? Thanks:cool:

Cam thrust mut be set with the comp cams shim kit. A real pain to set as it takes putting on shims and installing front cover torqued with gasket several times to get it right but it is doable. Do not shift your motor above 5700 without a steel crank and caps on the bottom (been there and now I have a steel crank). My opinion only about PTC is my buddy sent his convertor to PTC 6 weeks ago to get re-stalled and to date all he is getting is excuses why it is still setting on the shelf at PTC. I would not send them anything to get anything done.

Mitch

Back