Roller Cam Noisy

SNOWBIRD

Hi....why Do Roller Cams Sound Like Sewing Machines When They Run I Hate My New Roller....i Miss My Weber Flat Tappet...sooo Quiet

noise

Yes they do make a little noise but i love that top end charge. i have the 885 comp cam lifters and the noise isn't that bad but i can hear it pretty good if i am going slow inside the car. if i had a quieter exhaust it would probably annoy me. i guess it is the nature of the beast................Bob

With All The Bright People On This Board ,cant Something Better Be Engeneered Or Do We Leave It To The Japanese...it Sounds Like Its Going To Come Apart:d

With All The Bright People On This Board ,cant Something Better Be Engeneered Or Do We Leave It To The Japanese...it Sounds Like Its Going To Come Apart:d

Sell the Car and get a Catera or a Deville.
You wanted more Power----you get the Noise that comes with it.:rolleyes:

All Is Well,,a Heavyier Oil Preassure Spring Eliminated 75% Of The Noise ,,it Increased Oil Preasure About 15 To 20 Lbs Across The Board.....yellow Spring....with My Hood Closed You Can Not Tell Its A Roller...brent Good Luck With Your Father

No, stockers don't have a link bar. The bar keeps the lifters from spinning. Stockers are flat tappet and need to spin. FWIW I haven't noticed any real noise coming from mine. james

From what i understand it's the link bars that make all the noise.

Nope. That's not true. I've had the same noisy roller hyd cam headache myself. The last time I built my engine I put in solid roller lifters and adjusted them tight enough they didn't make a sound. It's the hyd lifters themselves bleeding down because of the aggressive cam profiles. I will never go back to a hyd cam in the Buick V6.

Nope. That's not true. I've had the same noisy roller hyd cam headache myself. The last time I built my engine I put in solid roller lifters and adjusted them tight enough they didn't make a sound. It's the hyd lifters themselves bleeding down because of the aggressive cam profiles. I will never go back to a hyd cam in the Buick V6.

what brand lifters are you running and what is the final lift on your cam? thanks Bob

what brand lifters are you running and what is the final lift on your cam? thanks Bob

I was using ATR's 214-210 billet roller cam with their hyd lifters. I can't remember what brand they were since I bought their complete cam kit back in 1998. The final lift with 1.65 rockers was about .535 I think. I put a set of solid lifters on it and it was quiet. I began adjusting the lash at .012" and after a few times I wound up setting them at .005 to .006" cold. This was with Champion aluminum heads...which grow a lot after they get hot.

The cam listed in my signature is a 222 billet with a final lift of .580 with 1.65 rockers. I'll be running TA Performance solids on this one so I can't comment about if this one will be quiet with hyd lifters.

The TA Performance full shielded foot solid roller lifter is a CROWER lifter. The invoice says "TA V1413-STK" as the part number.

Turbo1dr

thanks for the info. i've been kicking this idea around a while. mine isn't that noisey...sounds a little louder than a injector tick...............Bob

injecter tick ..I WISH...is it possible that these new comp cam lifters are a little gumed upped from the company??????????????

Mine are quiet and I've had the cam for 3 years and sometimes i even forget that I have a roller cam.