Roller Cam Noisy

mine is .40 thou on a dls 210 210 and is noisy ...no roller rockers custom pushrods 8.200 in

injecter tick ..I WISH...is it possible that these new comp cam lifters are a little gumed upped from the company??????????????

I have always heard that you should soak them in carb cleaner overnight when you first take them out of the package. :confused: I could be wrong though.

Comp has been cleaning them in house for almost 2 years now. If they smell like mineral spirits they should be clean.
Mike

I'm running a 218/212 with 40 thous. preload (actually off shelf 8.200 trickflow pushrods as well) and mine is pretty quiet. I soaked mine and got some black stuff out.

no did not check ,but was about to run a cleaner in the oil as a flush..what do you think mike

Why cuz of the noise?

Yep. I don't like the noise.

How often are you re-adjusting the lifters?

When the weather is very cold outside I keep them a little loose so it doesn't hold the valves open when the engine is 25-30*. When its hot outside I close them up a little. So about every 3 to 4 months is about right for a re-adjust. Seems to work for me anyhow...

Yep. I don't like the noise.

When the weather is very cold outside I keep them a little loose so it doesn't hold the valves open when the engine is 25-30*. When its hot outside I close them up a little. So about every 3 to 4 months is about right for a re-adjust. Seems to work for me anyhow...

Yeah but with the tall valve covers and heater/AC still in the car, isn’t it a pain pulling the pass side cover every 3-4 months? I'm asuming you have to remove the rubber lines from the heater core and swing the anti-freeze hardlines (running across the intake) out of the way just to get that cover off, right?

Yeah but with the tall valve covers and heater/AC still in the car, isn’t it a pain pulling the pass side cover every 3-4 months? I'm asuming you have to remove the rubber lines from the heater core and swing the anti-freeze hardlines (running across the intake) out of the way just to get that cover off, right?

It's not going to kill you to do them every 3 to 4 months... :p :D

I have about 1oo miles on the motor now ...the rollers are much quieter

My experience is similar... gets quieter with break in. Plus that Valvoline racing oil helps to really quiet everything down.

Turbo1dr with that solid roller how often do you have to valve adj. and is there any special parts to buy when going from a hy roller to solid thank.

Turbo1dr with that solid roller how often do you have to valve adj.

When I first built the engine using solid roller lifters I adjusted both the intake and exhaust to .012" cold. When I started it up for the first time they were tapping slightly. After the heads got some heat in them they got really loud...:rolleyes: Anyway, I went back and adjusted them a little closer each time on a cold engine. Each time as the heads heated up they would start making noise. In the end, I wound up adjusting them down to about .005" when cold. After setting them that close they were quiet at normal temperatures. I was worried about setting them so close at first but since the aluminum heads grow so much they actually loosen as engine temp rises. I like to check mine about every 3 to 4 months. That's a small price to pay to have a quiet valvetrain.

and is there any special parts to buy when going from a hy roller to solid thank.

I put solid roller lifters on a hyd roller cam so the only parts that I needed were longer pushrods.