You can type here any text you want

Roller Cam Thrust Shims

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTipe

Snake Skinner
Where can I get either a 0.005 or 0.015 cam button shim? Either will allow me to get my cam thrust clearance to 0.005". Thanks for the help.

Not sure how far you've gotten but if you're using a felpro gasket, torque the cover and let it sit overnight.... you might find .004" or .005" tomorrow.

If you've all ready got the gasket to take a set, obviously the above advice won't help! :)

Not sure how far you've gotten but if you're using a felpro gasket, torque the cover and let it sit overnight.... you might find .004" or .005" tomorrow.

If you're all ready got the gasket to take a set, obviously the above advice won't help! :)
The Felpro squeezes dow to about 0.041. I'm at 0.009 now.

Pm your address i think i have a .005 i will mail it to you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

IMO your better off leaving it. Better a little loose than a little tight.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Leave it at .009".

Leave it at .009". Is your comment ( Leave it at .009) based on oil viscosity, gasket squish and observations or all prior? I see ranges from the "big boys" of 0.002 to 0.010 and 0.003 to 0.011. If oil can get on the cover or front of the button it probably consumes 0.001 to 0.002 of the clearance. I'm just looking to get oil to the running surface of the button with minimal axial motion from the cam.

Back