Rotors

Sal Lubrano

Looking to replace the rotors. Is cross drilled and slotted a good way to go. I have heard back in the day cross drilled have cracked. If, I was looking for the best rotor on the market with the most stopping power would cross drilled and slotted be the way to go?

we used the drilled rotors on the police cars, and did encounter alot of cracked rotors,
but they were used very harshly. much more than the average user would use them.
we changed to slotted, with no cracking,
I have drilled rotors on my turbo LS motor car, and they are not cracked, and work great,
your choice,

Cracking is no doubt a issue with cross drilled seen it over and over again. Just did a brake job on a Z51 C6 and the factory cross drilled rotors were cracked. I did noticed that the new C7 Z51 has slotted rotors now.

Just my experience with these, I ran and auto-crossed BAER brake 13" Drilled & Slotted rotors for years and they never cracked! Done Speed / Stop challenges with them too for years and never a crack....

Thanks for the replies. Seems like cross drilled are like everything else in life, a compromise. Better performance but prone to problems. Turbo Nasty have you used the rotors form brakeperformance.com? Dimpled? I thought the reason for the cross drilling was to lower the temps of the rotors and the slotting was to relieve the gasing and dust. What does dimpling do? Isn't that removing surface area and reducing stopping power?

Yes....I have the dimpled and slotted and they have a lifetime warr against cracking and warping.dimpling pattern does the same thing...outgasses the pad. Imo for the stock brakes they work really well.

Actually...I forgot I just put a set of these on my friends GN 3 weeks ago and he's happy as well.

Last edited: