You can type here any text you want

Rough idle and no power

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I went to autozone and bought a Durelast cole pack. It did nothing. I have checked for all leaks and can find nothing. When the car is cold, it will almost die while idling. I am just lost. I am the third owner of the car. Of course the previous owner said he never had a problem. It's a nice car other than this miss I can't get rid of.

Update your profile with your location. Maybe someone is close and can help you out.

I think I might be chasing my tail. In stock form, how does these cars idle? How easy should it be for me to spin the rear tires with 255/45-17's? Maybe I am expecting the car to idle like a BMW and it is supposed to idle a little rough. Can anyone tell me?

I went to autozone and bought a Durelast cole pack. It did nothing. I have checked for all leaks and can find nothing. When the car is cold, it will almost die while idling. I am just lost. I am the third owner of the car. Of course the previous owner said he never had a problem. It's a nice car other than this miss I can't get rid of.

If you are sure that the IM that you borrowed before is good,can you borrow it again and put the new coil pack on it and try again?

Also check the spark plugs on #2 and #5 cylinders that the old coil pack showed to be defective on.

Did you check for any vacuum leaks that was suggested before?

scan master

Get a scan master someone might have taken the bulb out of the ses light. So you will not see a malfunction going on. It could be anything right now. If you know someone with a scanner ask them to plug it in and scan the ecm.

Really... Go get a good Maf sensor, not a reman a known good GM one or a translator and LT1 maf.

Thanks guys. I will try all the above. One more question. It has been suggested to me that it could be my injectors. Could this possibility be the problem?

Maf will cause all kinds of problems if its bad unplug it and see if anything changes..Also you can rent noid lights from autozone to check your fuel injectors...Also check all your vacum lines for cracks and dry rot and also check your intercooler hoses etc...

Maf #1 , injector harness #2, ohm injs, #3
In that order ,I would hope all the hoses and such are up to par and tight before ever posting for help on one of these cars.

hey man i would recommend unplugging the maf to smooth out the idle it may help. unless you have a big turbo and it spools up quickly your not gonna spin those bis a$$ tires..it takes mine a while to get the smoke i have the same size tire.where are you located

hey man i would recommend unplugging the maf to smooth out the idle it may help. unless you have a big turbo and it spools up quickly your not gonna spin those bis a$$ tires..it takes mine a while to get the smoke i have the same size tire.where are you located
He can spin them my dads oil burning 140,000 mile v6 malibu had the back brakes go out while at the woodward cruise...It scared the $hit outta me but front brakes only made for some sweet burnouts and the car had iroc wheels (16s) with a similar wide tire...Point being the brakes were harder to overcome than anything else unless you got some really sticky tires(hoosiers) you should be able turn them..P.s.If you find smoother idle with maf unplugged replace it dont just drive with it unplugged...The tune and converter has more to do wth it than the turbo theres guys runnin low 12s high 11s with the stock turbo....

He can spin them my dads oil burning 140,000 mile v6 malibu had the back brakes go out while at the woodward cruise...It scared the $hit outta me but front brakes only made for some sweet burnouts and the car had iroc wheels (16s) with a similar wide tire...Point being the brakes were harder to overcome than anything else unless you got some really sticky tires(hoosiers) you should be able turn them..P.s.If you find smoother idle with maf unplugged replace it dont just drive with it unplugged...The tune and converter has more to do wth it than the turbo theres guys runnin low 12s high 11s with the stock turbo....

i do believe his first post said it had troubles spinning the tires.. i have a highly modded car that has a slipping tranny with 17's its very hard to spin the tires but my stock 87k mile one will roast the stock tires i am talking smoke for dayz.. and just for the record do not drive with it unplugged (maf)!! just unplug it to see if it idles better... also check the iac for carbon:eek:

I think I might be chasing my tail. In stock form, how does these cars idle? How easy should it be for me to spin the rear tires with 255/45-17's? Maybe I am expecting the car to idle like a BMW and it is supposed to idle a little rough. Can anyone tell me?

You can go on youtube.com and do a search.

There are videos of stock GN's that are for sale and being shown running at idle, that way you can see and hear them for an example.

Back