Rough idle, low BLM's need help

GMC-YA

Ok, not sure where to begin so I'll just try to give as much info as I can. The car idles like crap and you can smell how rich its running, when you get on it the 02's go through the roof, high 900's to 1,000. The BLMs driving around go down to 105 and may go a little higher depending on driving but there always loooow. When you come to a stop they go to 128, I'm guessing because its a thrasher chip.

Engine was reringed and new bearings went in, (less than 1000 miles on the engine now) the heads were sent to Champion and ported, so was the lower intake, the cam is an ATR 210/214 roller. The chip is a thrasher 92 for blue tops, and of course blue tops injectors. Both were in the car when I bought it, so I cant really say for sure where they came from and condition of the injectors. I can tell you this, I've Ohm'd the injecters out they all read about 15.7-9. I have also had them pulsed checked as best I could, let me explain. Take this tool http://www.autobarn.net/fuelinpultes.html (car not running) and unplug the injector one by one, and with a fuel pressure gage hooked up, it pulses the injectors a predetermined time, you look to see how much the fuel pressure gauge goes down and compare the reading to all of the injectors, the all were pretty much identical. So as best I can tell its not injectors.

I've installed a maf translator and a 3.5 MAF, the old maf would only go to 180gps so it was definitely bad. The idle never changed at all during this.

The tps is set to .45 and when watching it on the scanner goes up smoothly no jumping. The IAC are in the 20s at idle. The cam sensor was set using the caspers tool, the 02 sensor was (AC delco) new at rebuild but I have bought another one (bosh this time) with no change at all to idle.

I bought a new computer and installed it with no change what so ever in idle.

The ignition module and coil pack were swapped (GM coil and module from Kirbans) at the same time (old one died) and no changed what so ever in idle. The old one died which has me thinking that its ignition related some how because I keep hearing that bad ignition with eat coils. I added a ground wire from in between the back coil bracket to the firewall, no change. The plugs have been changed at least three times with no change in idle what so ever. The wires are brand new MSD wires, I've ohmd them out and they all have less than 100 resistance. I've checked voltage at terminal P and its the same as battery voltage.

If the rings never seated would this be in lines of what is wrong with my car? The car drives around fine, it will go up to 15lbs of boost but starts pulling boost out, so I try not to get on much. Of course it does that while the 02 are 900 to 1000 so I'm pretty sure its getting fuel.

Things I havent done, include a compression test, or put a vaccuum gauge on it. I'm tired of throwing money at it, I've bought spare this spare that and nothing has changed AT ALL. I've never read of someone changing heads and cam and having to do a chip to match, could this be my problem. The chip is pretty much for a stock car, does it make that big a difference. I'm sure I've left out many things, but thats all I can remember right now.

Edit: New knock sensor and installed a power plate. No change.

TIA
Chris

Originally posted by GMC-YA
The chip is pretty much for a stock car, does it make that big a difference.

TIA
Chris

Dam, you spend thousands of dollars on parts and stuff and scimp on what controls all the functions. Then go buying all this exotic stuff.. 3.5 MAF, translator.. and leave the 20 year old chip in it.

I would ditch the thrasher and try something different. get the car to someone who knows how to work on it(drivability) wise. Smae deal on the injectors, theyre probably going on at least 10 years old now.

All your stuff done is text book chevy. The chip makes or breaks these cars. As do the injectors and MAF.

Put a new AFS 20 O2 in the car, that bosch will give you bad readings. They always do. And get in touch with a good chip guy to help you..possibly..

Eric@turbotweak.com is his email, he may or maynot be able to help.

Dam, you spend thousands of dollars on parts and stuff and scimp on what controls all the functions.

I was simple trying to get the car runnng in good order before I went with the injectors and turbo I wanted. I dont want to have to do it twice. I've seen countless post about people doing heads and cam, but never see them talk about chips as a must. Thats pretty much what you preach every time someone post about upgrading, get it running right first!! Well it runs like ****. I never felt as though the engine running like this was based on chip or injectors. I guess I was wrong.

All your stuff done is text book chevy.

All the things I've done or tried is from turbobuick.com reading through tons of post. I've burned the search feature out.

get the car to someone who knows how to work on it(drivability) wise.

I'm not sure what you mean here, I do pretty much everything to my car. I posted because I want to fix my car on my own not pay somene else to do. Have I not covered pretty much everything (except the chip) that it could be? Judging from the fact the only (It could be this) you gave me was the chip/injectors then I would say yes.

I appreciate any and all advice anyone gives me, dont take any of the things I say in a negative manor.

TIA
Chris

Chris give me a call back but call my cell phone. 309-253-7991 I forgot to tell you about some thing.

Jason Loftus