You can type here any text you want

RPM gauge full tilt

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wknight13

87' GN RPM gauge on factory dash is fully pegged and has been that way since I purchased a couple months ago. What causes this and is it easily repairable on my own? Need to get something going to figure out why my rpm's scream when I start the car and then go down to normal (sounds of course since I can't actually see the rpms). If you all could help me with both inquiries, greatly appreciated.

It is a modified car (TE45, ATR exhaust (no emmisions circuit), external SX fuel pump, and a green smiley face chip (what is it?)

I don't have a scanmaster to tell any readings, shooting from the hip here.

87' GN RPM gauge on factory dash is fully pegged and has been that way since I purchased a couple months ago. What causes this and is it easily repairable on my own? Need to get something going to figure out why my rpm's scream when I start the car and then go down to normal (sounds of course since I can't actually see the rpms). If you all could help me with both inquiries, greatly appreciated.

It is a modified car (TE45, ATR exhaust (no emmisions circuit), external SX fuel pump, and a green smiley face chip (what is it?)

I don't have a scanmaster to tell any readings, shooting from the hip here.

RPM Question. read here & set IAC & TPS probably dirty & out of whack.
Vortex Buicks

obviously easy to get too and take apart...what precautions on the linkage should I take...yes it's my first time. I'm actually wondering if anything spring loaded will shoot out when I go to remove it. Are there any links for dissassembly steps anyone knows about? I love to learn but I don't want to learn the hard way (by fubar'ing it).

You have a very old chip. You really should get a TT chip. It will idle and run much better. You must get a scanmaster or other scan tool. You keep shooting from the hip and you are going to shoot yourself in the foot.:eek:

yes, it's a bit unnerving...I'm not WOT'ing and turned down the boost until I feel comfortable that the car is running acceptable without running at the edge of gasket blow out. The TT basic and scanmaster are next on the list for starters. Don't really want to start it until I get at least the chip and clean up the throttle body area to see if that also helps the high start up revs. Can't hurt. Scanmaster is next on the wish list. Anyone know anyone in the Fort Wayne area that has experience with this tuning process?

SeaFoam

Step one is in motion...Ordered TT chip yesterday. Going for the street version at this time. Also...Been doing some research on SeaFoam...What does anyone think?

Back