You can type here any text you want

Run When kicked on?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cold85

I just got another gn it is an 87 with alot of goodies. I have had the car 1 month. I have been riding around in it alot but can't find anyone who will race. Until the other night. I puled up to the lite and these little punks in a 4cyl s-10 start revving on me and smiling. The problem was my old lady was telling me not to do it because our 1yr old girl was in a car seat in the back. Even though I could have out ran them by 40 mph. I decided not to and turned right. I felt bad the first race I get I can't because I do not want to sleep on the couch. I know I did the right thing but it still felt so bad.

"Going slow with Class" > Going fast without class

Your family is worth more than any race bro

Good non kill:)

non-race

I can't agree more! Even to 40 who knows who's going to pull out of a driveway or something else. Save it for an open area or the track with no family.

John C.
LedSLED Motorsports

Thanks for the support. I would have never done anything with my little girl in the car but if it had been me and the old lady by our selves she would have gone for a bit of a ride. That then would be worth one night on the couch.

You had everything to lose by racing and nothing to gain. My daughter is 13months and loves to ride with the T-tops off:D but she is my world and I could never jeopardize that

Good call man and good non kill... I have to say I will race just about anyone anytime but if they have family/little ones in the car then I wont touch em. Same if Ive got someone other than a fellow car bud with me.

Not to sound sappy or nothing but it takes a big man to back down from a race like you did in that situation. No matter if it was only up to 15mph or for 10ft you'd never forgive yourself if something happened to your little one. You just got a "thumbs up" from me. There will ALWAYS be another chance when youre by yourself.

i got an idea: make a baby seat with a 5 point cage around it and racing harnesses.;)

nah just messin around. yeah its not a good idea to race w/ family in the car unless its like a brother or some one who digs cars. good job on the "non kill"

MYCLONE: in your sig it says u usto have a rosewood T and you wish you hadent sold it. im selling one right now, its got a moon roof. u intrested:D

Hey Cold85!

if you're free on June 30th, consider on doing the picnic thing at Jordan Lake. Check the "south eastern area" section for more details. Look for "ISTA@vista"...

Originally posted by blackbuick87
Too bad you're in CA and he's in VA.

I noticed that :( :( . Im not in the market for one (well, I want a 86/87 drive train) but my GF is in the market for another TR so I sent him a mail asking for info. If the car is what she wants we may have to fly out and drive it back (never been to CA before).

Cool road trip IMO.

ncgreg231 thanks for the info on the jordan lake picnic. How many cars usually show up to that thing? If I can make it I will be there.

Picnics...

The first picnic had a real big turnout. I think that was 2000.

The next picnic was a little less - that was 2001.
there was a second picnic in fall 2001 - I guess it was too much of a good thing.

I guess if you want to get together for a relaxing picnic with some other Buick/GM performance folks, then don't miss it, but there isn't much available for racing or wrenching. I'm not sure if there is a better picnic spot than Vista Point - although there is possibly other places that are just as nice, but for me, are farther away. It's a good chance to meet folks that up to then you only chat with through the internet. It's not officially a car show, but it is cool to check out other people's cars & bench race.

Back