You can type here any text you want

Running a little rich

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87 fire turbo

I changed my injectors back to stock everything else on car is stock, but car still smells a little rich. run 93 octane gas, car is not throwing computer codes. any ideas or is this normal.

Assuming you have a scanmaster, what are your 02s at WOT? Is be more concerned about that then it smelling rich at idle

Did you change the chip also? Your chip should be matched to your injectors for them to work corectly.

no the car still has a stock chip in it. but thats what it needs due to the stock injectors.the car had 36# injectors in it when i bought it about a year ago, with the stock chip. so i changed the car back to stock 28# injectors.

catalytic converter hollowed out?

I have a question for member turbojd, Do you have more info on why would a hollowed catalytic converter cause the engine to be rich? Thanks

You have a chip for 36lb injectors with 28lb injectors in car? If so there is your problem, Were the stock injectors new? might be clogged,bad injectors.

I had the same gas smell, i swapped my O2 sensor to NGK unit. At the time had stock injectors,maf, fixed it. Hope this helps.

Im not sure about the converter if its hallowed out, but the chip is stock and the injectors are stock. guys thanks for the info and i do plan on getting a scanmaster soon. have to go through wife for money approval, some of you know how this goes.

Back