You can type here any text you want

running a sub power cable in an a/c equipped car?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GW2

I ended up running mine through the door and into the doors wiring boot just to get it hooked up. but theres got to be a better way. i cant find any holes on the passenger side to get my wire through, so i got fed up and decided i could live with drilling 1 hole for it. accept with the a/c and heater box all there, i cant really drill anywhere because i dont know what ill be messing up. where can i run this wire?

I think there's a big factory rubber plug with wires under the heater box area.

Should be the wiring from the ECM out to the underhood area.

It might be easier to find without the downpipe in there or from under the car without the crossover in place.

I don't have the manual with me here for the exact location.

or run it down the inside of the frame and then drill a small hole under the rear seat and put a grommet to keep water out.

Run it over the roof, who gives a F? Running it down the inside of the frame rail is fine. All 3 cars here are ran that way, and pretty much every G-body I have ever owned. You asked the question. Running it through the door opening is more dangerous than a LOT more work than its worth really.

Let me ask you this question......... where did you run the hotwire for your your fuel pump? Down the frame rail just like everyone else................ :biggrin:

haha

Wire thru the door rubber boot???

Wheres the amp? Inside the glove box?:biggrin:

Lol. No amps in the trunk with the sub. Wire goes in throught the door boot then down and under the carpet. You can't even see it actually. And I don't have a hotwire kit. Original fuel pump without mods is fine for a stock car. And the wires for a hotwire are exterior wiring I would assume. But really I don't know. I just don't think running it through my rust coated frame rail sounds like fun.

Nothing wrong with inside the frame rail, just how mine is with 2 amps and a cap, never goes below 14. made a hole at the botton of the spare tire holder with a grommet, then down the side under the trunk. works just fine!

I think there's a big factory rubber plug with wires under the heater box area.

Should be the wiring from the ECM out to the underhood area.

It might be easier to find without the downpipe in there or from under the car without the crossover in place.

I don't have the manual with me here for the exact location.

X2, thats the same grommet I used for the alky control kit plus the WBO2 wiring

your wire

guys the fact spedo cable run through please no drilling out side and also at heater is another spot , dont make it harder than it should be , it will work out well. only go under car if bigger than 2 gauge wire' enjoy and fuse it guys .:smile:

Run it right down under the frame rail and into the big whole in the bottom of the boot where the spare goes, NO DRILLING REQUIRED:wink:

Back