Running hot

nitrousmike175

I turned the a/c on today and the temp shot up to 205 deg. It normally runs between 160 and 180 depending on the outside temp. I think this is because of the 4" front mount intercooler on the car. I still have the stock fan on the car and i don't think it's moving enough air. Does anyone have any ideals on how to fix this problem. BTW i turned the a/c off and the car or it would have gotten hotter.
THANKS!

get rid of the front mount if you need the a/c........or....talk to Steve Wood about remedies

Stock radiator cannot exchange the heat due to the restricted airflow w/front mounts. Simply switching fans will not improve it much (been there, done that). Tony DeQuick (CAS) offers a dual pass radiator specifically for this application. I have a BeCool aluminum which works pretty good.

- Scott

I went through this last year with my car. In 80° heat it would creep up past 220° on the highway and wouldnt come back down.
Somethings to consider.
1. How is the flow on your radiator? You might want to have it rodded out since the cores can become blocked
2. How is your fan? Does the high speed circuit work?
3. Do you have underdrive pullies? The smaller pullies can cause the water pump to spin slower
4. Are the baffles still in place in front of the radiator?

I had my radiator recored. I removed the underdriven crank pulley and installed the stocker. I also replaced the stock fan with dual Spal's. Lastly, I made new baffles for the radiator along with adding ATR's side baffle kit. This past week we had temps in the mid 90's here in New Jersey. The hottest it got was 192°.
I am planning to add a B&M stacked plate racing oil cooler to replace the factory engine oil cooler (which IMHO is about worthless). I run a 160° thermostat and I'm convinced that I can get the temps down into the 170-180° range on a 100° day. There is no reason why you cant get the temps down, it just might take a little work.

Try to seal the gap on the stock fan shroud. Take a look yourself and you will notice that there is tons of open area to let air bypass the radiator and circulate through the fan. Just buy some kind of weatherstripping from HD or something to seal it up.
Should improve the performance of the stock fan, not sure how much, but I have seem it do wonders on other cars.

Scott (SCGNX) how do i get in touch with (CAS).

Lee (GNVAIR) what are the baffels you are talking about.

Thanks for the help moving up north is not option.:D