You can type here any text you want

S10 cylinder bleed trick?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fleebag

I have having a hard time bleeding my rear brakes with the s10 cylinders

I even grinded down the wrench and it fits barely but not with a vacuum line attached

Is there a trick to bleeding them? It seems the casting on the cylinder limits the area for the wrench?

Can I extend the bleed screw somehow or get a longer one?

Until I find a better fix, I use a 1/4" ratchet or breaker bar and just let it squirt. I think it was Snap on that made a box end wrench that had a large offset, almost like a socket that would reach back in there, but I haven't looked for one for a while. I probably should... Hate cleaning up brake fluid...

For the rear cylinders, I ran a piece of aquarium tubing through a deep well socket and turned it with vise grips. Shade tree mechanic style. ;)

what I use

I've had these for many yrs, no idea where I got them from, but saved alot of aggravation.

Attachments

• brake bleeder 003.jpg
    brake bleeder 003.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 128
  • brake bleeder 002.jpg
    brake bleeder 002.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 151
i already had the cheap vacuum pump.
so i grinded the wrench down a little then grinded the hose a ittle too to fit inside the 5/16 closed end.

i did try the above socket method but the socket i had a smaller diam hole inside it so i did it the other way

it works

f6224c5b.jpg

Back