You can type here any text you want

S10 front brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JRC86GN

hi

I am looking for more stopping power and I have read that you can put S10 duel piston calipers on a t-type and use the factory wheels, is this true? What kind of extra stopping power does this give you? Will it work with stock powermaster?

Thanks
Jack

if you are just looking for an easy way to get more clamping power, then look into the aftermarket "metric" calipers that have bigger pistons. they are sold thru Summit, Jegs, and any local circle track supplier.

if you are just looking for an easy way to get more clamping power, then look into the aftermarket "metric" calipers that have bigger pistons. they are sold thru Summit, Jegs, and any local circle track supplier.

What I want is more stopping power and less fade but the system to appear stock

I agree with NOVA ,best bang for the buck ,I installed those big piston calipers (U.S.BRAKE) on a set of vented (made in the usa) discs ,,raybestos,,,do not put china discs as they warp from the extra heat of the big pistons (stock 2.25 ..u.s. brake 2.50 in piston, plus install big wheel cylinders in the rear brakes and you will have a well balanced brake system that will not lock up in wet weather and really outpreform stock gn bracks on a budget,,,I LOVE MINE AND THEY ARE VACUME AND PEDAL IS NICE AND HIGH.:biggrin:

The caliper exterior looks exactly the same as the stock caliper only the piston is bigger

I agree with NOVA ,best bang for the buck ,I installed those big piston calipers (U.S.BRAKE) on a set of vented (made in the usa) discs ,,raybestos,,,do not put china discs as they warp from the extra heat of the big pistons (stock 2.25 ..u.s. brake 2.50 in piston, plus install big wheel cylinders in the rear brakes and you will have a well balanced brake system that will not lock up in wet weather and really outpreform stock gn bracks on a budget,,,I LOVE MINE AND THEY ARE VACUME AND PEDAL IS NICE AND HIGH.:biggrin:

What would you say the hole set up cost you?

Its hard to give you a price,It depends on your contacts and quality of parts purchased ,but here goes 2 front calipers 160.00$...2 discs 160.00$...1 set pads ceramic 50.00$.....REAR ..1 SET rear soft linings 35.00$....2 rear wheel BIG cylinders 35.00$...2 rear drums .60.00$...1 rear hardware spring kit...20.00$...no china discs or drums....I CAN ATTEST THAT THIS WILL GIVE YOU A VERY GOOD BRAKING SYSTEM THAT WILL ALSO HOLD BOOST AT THE LINE...

Its hard to give you a price,It depends on your contacts and quality of parts purchased ,but here goes 2 front calipers 160.00$...2 discs 160.00$...1 set pads ceramic 50.00$.....REAR ..1 SET rear soft linings 35.00$....2 rear wheel BIG cylinders 35.00$...2 rear drums .60.00$...1 rear hardware spring kit...20.00$...no china discs or drums....I CAN ATTEST THAT THIS WILL GIVE YOU A VERY GOOD BRAKING SYSTEM THAT WILL ALSO HOLD BOOST AT THE LINE...

Thanks for the info

Jack

G Body Parts sells a pair of calipers for 99.95 a pair with 2.75" pistons, are these the same or similar,if so, these seem like a heck of a bargain

I would contact g body as I think the price is for one caliper.....I just checked the summit cataloge and the U.S. BRAKE model whiich is the only model that I know that looks like the original metric caliper is being sold for 85 dollars per caliper ..........if it is for 2 it is a deal and a half.:wink:

I would like to make a correction in post 4 ....stock piston 2.5 inch ..U.S.BRAKE caliper piston 2.75 INCH sorry

I installed the s-10 set up in the front and I like it alot better than the stock set up-got 80% from the bone yard and it wasnt to much.id do it again

Just confirmed by G Body parts' Email, A PAIR of US Brake 2.75" piston Calipers 99.95 for the pair WOW !

Back