You can type here any text you want

S2 piston requirements

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

49-blues

What specs are needed for a good S2 piston? What cc dish? What compression distance? What pin height? etc? Will a 16cc dish work? Is a 1.640 Comp Dist good? All for a 274 stroker motor.

It's a very open ended question. You need to know the bore size of the block, the deck height, the cc volume of the chamber so you can get the correct dish to give you the compression ratio you want. Cam specs so you know whether or not you need valve notches. If it's a Stage II head the answer is yes. Keep in mind valve notches are different for TA and Champion heads vs Stage II heads. Finally you'll need to know the stroke length of the crank and the rod length which plays in with the deck height to give your pin height. I'm not trying to confuse you but there are more than a few variables involved.

Neal

49-blues said:
What specs are needed for a good S2 piston? What cc dish? What compression distance? What pin height? etc? Will a 16cc dish work? Is a 1.640 Comp Dist good? All for a 274 stroker motor.

Thanks for that, you werent confusing me, i just trying to clarify some of the technical terms and whats really important to know to set up a motor correctly.

Rod length, stroke and deck height will determine your compression distance, as a general rule, the longer the rod the better as long as you keep it out of the oil ring groove. PM an email and I'll send you my engine builder spread sheet that will help you toy with the different parameters.

Back