Scan master G for XFI

tonysmach

When I try to run a ScanMaster G for XFI simultaneously with eDash, I get an error. Is there anyway to run them simultaneously? SM G works fine when I disconnect the eDash.

how are you connecting them? you can't share a port.

what error are you getting?

Bob

edash on com 0, wired in to C30 TX C31 RX D12 gnd with the supplied duetsch connector ,
scanmaster plugged in on the laptop metripak connector com 1 C27tx C28 rx C29 gnd
normally when you have edash connected and connect a laptop the edash disconnects then reconnects no issue ,
with the SM-G edash on and connected plug in scanmaster and scanmaster comes up and edash disconnects and tries to reconnects but then displays error 1 check connection

as mentioned unplug edash and SM-G works fine , unplug SM-G and edash works fine

Last edited:
the Scanmaster is probably polling for data too fast. Let me see about slowing it down a little.

Bob

Here is the error message I get on the eDash after about 5 seconds of both eDash and SM G for XFI running. The SM G restarts about every 5 seconds when both are running.
IMG_1090.JPG

likely the scanmaster G is talking to the XFI too fast. if you are set up with bluetooth, I can send you a file to flash into the gauge to try.

Bob, can you list the steps to connect the SM G/XFI to the laptop. I am not the best with computers. Shouldn't the name of the device (The SM G) pop up somewhere on my laptop?
thanks.
Tony

likely the scanmaster G is talking to the XFI too fast. if you are set up with bluetooth, I can send you a file to flash into the gauge to try.

I am also having the same exact issue running the scanmaster G and the edash. I can only use one at a time or else they just keep resetting. They are both on separate comm ports. Is it possible for you to email me the flash for the scanmaster to allow both to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the fix I had did not solve the issue. I need to change the communication strategy. Its currently pulling a lot of data from the XFI, and I need to cut that down so the edash stays happy.

I should have something soon, but send me an email as a reminder.

thanks

Bob

the fix I had did not solve the issue. I need to change the communication strategy. Its currently pulling a lot of data from the XFI, and I need to cut that down so the edash stays happy.

I should have something soon, but send me an email as a reminder.

thanks

Bob

Awesome. I’ll check in another month or two to see if you have an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished something that was taking all my time, hopefully I can dig into this shortly.

keep reminding me

Bob