You can type here any text you want

Scanmaster G - Please Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dialtone76

Living the Dream
Heya TB Friends. Scanmaster G 1.1 PL v5.1 Stock ECU TT E85 Chip.

Where do I begin. Trying to figure out how to get the Scanmaster G bluetooth features to work. Or even making heads or tales out of the log files I downloaded would be helpful. Fresh install of the SCanmaster G. I have driven the car only 3-4 times since it has been in.

Gauge on its own works fine. But the bluetooth.. i can't tell, I wanna say no.

Okay so I paired it with my android phone.. supplied the 1234 code, it adds it as a saved device. But it never shows 'connected'.
I tried my Windows 11 laptop... same thing. Adds it as a saved device but never shows as connected.

So bought the ALDL Droid software. Downloaded the SCMG_BT_001a.adx file. Imported it into the ALDL Droid software. Chose it as my datastream file. Chose 'Scanmaster' as my bluetooth device. Connected to ECU.. get message 'no response from ECU'.

If I disable checksum I get a message 'Incorrect response length from ECU (179 vs 180).

So i gave up on that, and downloaded the logs using Powerlogger (2.6.8) . The Scanmaster G said 1 log which was odd because i driven the car 3-4 times so i am not sure why there was only 1 .. When i downloaded the logs, it put 64 files on my desktop and reset the log counter to 0 on the scanmaster. That part makes sense.

When try to load one of them into PL it has 1 frame of information. Each file is the same size (2kb) so i dont think any of them have any data. I have gone through about 25 of them and I can't find one that ever show my car moving so i dont know if these are recording correctly. Like i said, gauge itself works great. O2s, Boost, temp, RPM etc all report as normal.

Can anyone help me figure out what i am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

drop me a PM, my android stuff is fighting me, but I think the current version of Aldldroid has an issue.

Dell bluetooth drivers can be flaky also.

Bob

I know it doesn't help, but I've heard of other people having issues with the BT on the Scanmaster G so might be a common thing. I've got a G on my Syclone but I don't log with it (iPhone, lol). I've thought about picking up a droid tablet to try but haven't because I've heard about these issues. Don't need another useless piece of electronics lying around. Post the solution if you figure it out. Thanks

Back