You can type here any text you want

Scanmaster install pics

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Got a scanmaster for Christmas and I'm looking for some options on where to install it.

I made up a quick bracket and mounted mine above the mirror.
IMG00280-20100716-1207.jpgIMG00283-20100716-1719.jpg

Thanks guys. I does make it a little hard to read in the heat of the action but I like that it is out of everyone' sight who might walk by and mess with it.

I thought about putting it above the mirror and that is a great idea. Not very practical though, but it looks cool. I saw a picture with one painted the same color as the dash in the left hand dash corner and it looked really nice.

I like mine right where I can see it. It's on the dash right by my boost gauge on the pillar. Shift light right beside it. I like to see what's going on. High boost and track passes don't allow me to have a cool install.

I saw that one awhile ago, but couldn't find it. Where did you get the connector from?
I got the three wire connector from Ebay #http://www.ebay.com/itm/180917668323?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649. As I mention before on my description, I didn't mine waiting for this since it was coming from South Korea, but the price was very cheap. I did found others, but most were too big and waterproof which makes it very hard to remove for any reason. This type as you can see on EBay page it has a little clip to hold together and press the clip down to loosen and separate the connector.
I also got the black 3/4" split collar from EBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/221142373083?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649) and this too was cheaper then other places I check out.
Let me know if you need any other info or how to.

Awesome, thanks for the links. I tried finding them on eBay after reading your thread before with no luck finding them. I found a lot of computer type plugs, and lots of males and females, but very few with both together. Thanks.

I saw one guy in the other thread I referred to that used a 3 part headphone style plug which looked very cool as well.

I slid mine down between the radio bezel and the instr. bezel. Fits nice and tight and easy to read. I got the idea from a long thread on here somewhere where there's about 20 different mounting locations pictured.

Disney Lincoln said:
I slid mine down between the radio bezel and the instr. bezel. Fits nice and tight and easy to read. I got the idea from a long thread on here somewhere where there's about 20 different mounting locations pictured.

Do you remember which tread?

Back