scanmaster mod

Thank you for the response. I'm going to look into changing the SM LED's and those gauges

The gauge pod, is it just the three pod holder or is it the entire pillar? I have a hard top and wanted three gauges but was told that the three pods all sag. Yours seems to be a different style and seems to work real well.

Like I said, years ago I got this tri-pillar from Gbodyparts, but give them a call just to make sure of your color you need.
http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=811&osCsid=c5d402cb1450ad640b5776ce70ae04cf

If you look at the photo starting from the bottom, between 1 & 2 pods I used a chrome finishing screw, place another screw on top of the pillar pod and the last screw on the inside of the door, see photo. Don't mine the Scanmaster location, it was place there temporary until I finalize the permanent location on the rear view mirror with the green color LED lights. The 2nd photo shows the tri-pillar on the outside view
GN 005.jpg87 GN 058.jpg Picture 112.jpgGN 001.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Looking into it more I don't think I'm gonna mess with changing the LEDs of the scanmaster. I don't have enough experience soldering electronics. Just tried it to fix a desktop fan in my house and that ended up in the garbage.

Last question. What model/style of autometer gauge is that. I was browsing today and only saw blue and reds.

Thanks for the pics. Looking into it more I don't think I'm gonna mess with changing the LEDs of the scanmaster. I don't have enough experience soldering electronics. Just tried it to fix a desktop fan in my house and that ended up in the garbage.

Last question. What model/style of autometer gauge is that. I was browsing today and only saw blue and reds.
At the present I don't have that info, but I will get it for you
As far as your Scanmaster, I might have something for you. Give me some time to organize it and see if it's to your liking.

I bought a used scanmaster to experiment with.
Use a small conical soldering tip and a good solder sucker. If you try it, take your time. The LEDs have 9 pins to unsolder. I had to use a close cut plier to cut the plastic ends of some of the LEDs before prying them off. That will be the point of no return. Make sure you have the right LEDs at this point to re-solder.

At the present I don't have that info, but I will get it for you
As far as your Scanmaster, I might have something for you. Give me some time to organize it and see if it's to your liking.
Thanks for all the info.

And if it's what I'm thinking, put me first in line (pending price obviously).

Thanks again.

Thanks for all the info.

Thanks again.
Okay here's the deal, the video is the one I installed the green LED lights.
As you can see going through the Scanmaster modes all is working. Yes there are jumpers in place since during the removal and/or installing the LED lights some of the board trace wires burn off.
If you send me your Scanmaster, I will remove the main chip from your Scanmaster and install it in the green LED Scanmaster.
Just make sure your Scanmaster looks the same as the one in the video since I don't know how old your Scanmaster is.
Once I receive your Scanmaster and see it's the same as the replacement, I will install your chip, make another video showing your replacement Scanmaster in all modes.
THERE IS NO COST FOR THIS EXCHANGED OF REPLACEMENT
TurboBob has "PAY IT FORWARD" in helping me during my time of converting the Scanmaster to green LED lights
So I will continue with "PAY IT FORWARD" with you.
If you agree with this, then since me a PM.

Thanks for all the info.

Thanks again.
Okay here's the deal, the video is the one I installed the green LED lights.
As you can see going through the Scanmaster modes all is working. Yes there are jumpers in place since during the removal and/or installing the LED lights some of the board trace wires burn off.
If you send me your Scanmaster, I will remove the main chip from your Scanmaster and install it in the green LED Scanmaster.
Just make sure your Scanmaster looks the same as the one in the video since I don't know how old your Scanmaster is.
Once I receive your Scanmaster and see it's the same as the replacement, I will install your chip, make another video showing your replacement Scanmaster in all modes.
THERE IS NO COST FOR THIS EXCHANGED OF REPLACEMENT
TurboBob has "PAY IT FORWARD" in helping me during my time of converting the Scanmaster to green LED lights
So I will continue with "PAY IT FORWARD" with you.
If you agree with this, then since me a PM.
Picture 008.jpg Picture 001.jpg Picture 002.jpg Picture 004.jpg Picture 005.jpg

I finally got couple of pictures of the Autometer wideband #3878 in green led color, and it's not cheap. EBay has them for around $285.00.
Wow, has things gone up in price; I bought mine several years ago for about $175.00.
It does has the green led lights but the bezel is silver, so what I did I painted the bezel black as you can see on the pictures
GN Video 007.jpg GN Video 004.jpg

Thanks for the info again. That looks real nice. My next two gauges are Air Fuel and an electric fuel pressure. I like how these match the digital dash. Very clean.