scanmaster numbers

Thats what I thought as well, but the part numbers match up with the impala one on the box it came in. I got it from fullthrottlespeed and they claimed it was the 3" sensor. Guess i should try setting my translator to 0 and see what happens. Another question, what exaclty is xylene? I looked at a local hardware store and couldn't find any.

Xylene can be found at most paint stores, or home depot or lowes has it. Xylene added to the tank 1 or 2 gallons makes for an excellent injector cleaner and will raise the octane, how much it raises it depends on how much fuel it's mixed with and or how much xylene is added. I wouldn't add too much xylene though, I heard it's hard on rubber lines.

so is xylene just another word for pain thinner then? Also, my gas gauge does not work, could this be because if the float getting stuck in one position because of it sittin so long?

You can also add toluene to increase octane instead of xylene, it also is an excellent injector cleaner. You could try adding some of this to the tank and see if it helps if your float is stuck from any varnish. You could check for any ground problem,try grounding the tank, also the float may be hung up on the sender bracket,just some thoughts!

Thats what I thought as well, but the part numbers match up with the impala one on the box it came in. I got it from fullthrottlespeed and they claimed it was the 3" sensor. Guess i should try setting my translator to 0 and see what happens. Another question, what exaclty is xylene? I looked at a local hardware store and couldn't find any.

Take the hose off and measure the hole.3 in is impala 3.5in is ls1.

some new #'s. This is with me changing my translator to 0 from 3 and installing the new fuel filter. No xylene or anything added yet..
af - 03
l8 - 28
bat - 13.7
int - 127
bl - 119
mph - 0
cle - 187
ats - 69
r - 850
tps - .40
iac - 23
cc - 10-249
mal - 00

how are these numbers now?

WAAAYY better! Pretty darn close. 'IF' it were me, I'd probably tweak the TPS to 0.42-.43, but .40 probably isn't worth messing with to most people. Now the BL is just a tad low, but in the acceptable range. Now we need to see the WOT numbers! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

how do you get the tps to read higher at WOT. mine will only go to 4.34 now.

loosen the screws on the tps and move it all the way forward then make the adjustments, that will give you full voltage to the ECU, just make sure you dont go over 4.90 at wot or the Scanmaster wont read the signal. :)

loosen the screws on the tps and move it all the way forward then make the adjustments, that will give you full voltage to the ECU, just make sure you dont go over 4.90 at wot or the Scanmaster wont read the signal. :)

Yes you can do that but you might have to modify the tps and it does nothing anyway.Enrichment mode is 75% of 5 volts.

Also when you took your WOT reading, make sure your floor mat was not in the way, it will cause lower readings, just something to check.

Thats fine for now you are still reaching enrichment mode.

Wouldn't be 'fine' for me.... it's not correct and you want AT LEAST 4.50. See the link for adjusting the TPS in post #18. Follow that, and get it RIGHT. It's easy and worth it. 'good enough' is never good enough, and perfection is no accident....
Oh... and JD's right, make sure the floormat isn't causing a problem....

Wouldn't be 'fine' for me.... it's not correct and you want AT LEAST 4.50. See the link for adjusting the TPS in post #18. Follow that, and get it RIGHT. It's easy and worth it. 'good enough' is never good enough, and perfection is no accident....
Oh... and JD's right, make sure the floormat isn't causing a problem....

correct is 75% of 5 volts any thing more is ok. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. What changes after 4 volts?

correct is 75% of 5 volts any thing more is ok. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. What changes after 4 volts?

I have no desire to get into a pi$$ing match here... :wink: , and I'm not trying to be a smart a$$, but suffice it to say, there ARE things that 'change' after 75% TPS. PE is primarily LV8 dependent, but TPS > 65% overides the LV8 based enrichment command. There's alot of little things that calculate based on TPS > 75%, using the actual %. Converter lock/unlock thresholds vs. maf vs. speed are one... here's a few lines of some of the code... Loc/Hex/MAF/TPS/Desc./MPH

3B6 E6 230 90% TCC unlock vs. TPS% 4th gear, lower limit 124 F44L1
3CA C0 192 75% TCC unlock vs. TPS% 3rd gear upper limit 124 F43U1
3CB 8 8 31% Unlock TCC if tps < this (high gear)
3CC 1A 26 10% if positive delta tps in 100msec >this remain unl for KPDLY
3CD 28 40 40 4th Gear TCC unlock MPH (KMNULCKH)
3CE 0 0 0 Dont lock if tps > this(highg,lck,cruz)

3DB FF 255 100% TCC unlock vs. TPS% 4th gear, upper limit 100 F44U1
3DC FF 255 100% TCC unlock vs. TPS% 4th gear, upper limit 108 F44U1
3DD FF 255 100% TCC unlock vs. TPS% 4th gear, upper limit 116 F44U1
3DE FF 255 100% TCC unlock vs. TPS% 4th gear, upper limit 124 F44U1

I believe 100% = 4.50 Volts. I'm no genius, nor Electrical/Computer Engineer (mechanical, thank you.. ;) )... but I'm certain that 'some' things look for TPS > 75%. Thus, I feel that the TPS should be adjusted for it's maximum achievable range. I agree to disagree if we must, and I admit that my definition of 'fine', may not equal others.... Just my 02.... :)

I have no desire to get into a pi$$ing match here... :wink: , and I'm not trying to be a smart a$$, but suffice it to say, there ARE things that 'change' after 75% TPS. PE is primarily LV8 dependent, but TPS > 65% overides the LV8 based enrichment command. There's alot of little things that calculate based on TPS > 75%, using the actual %. Converter lock/unlock thresholds vs. maf vs. speed are one... here's a few lines of some of the code... Loc/Hex/MAF/TPS/Desc./MPH

3B6 E6 230 90% TCC unlock vs. TPS% 4th gear, lower limit 124 F44L1
3CA C0 192 75% TCC unlock vs. TPS% 3rd gear upper limit 124 F43U1
3CB 8 8 31% Unlock TCC if tps < this (high gear)
3CC 1A 26 10% if positive delta tps in 100msec >this remain unl for KPDLY
3CD 28 40 40 4th Gear TCC unlock MPH (KMNULCKH)
3CE 0 0 0 Dont lock if tps > this(highg,lck,cruz)

3DB FF 255 100% TCC unlock vs. TPS% 4th gear, upper limit 100 F44U1
3DC FF 255 100% TCC unlock vs. TPS% 4th gear, upper limit 108 F44U1
3DD FF 255 100% TCC unlock vs. TPS% 4th gear, upper limit 116 F44U1
3DE FF 255 100% TCC unlock vs. TPS% 4th gear, upper limit 124 F44U1

I believe 100% = 4.50 Volts. I'm no genius, nor Electrical/Computer Engineer (mechanical, thank you.. ;) )... but I'm certain that 'some' things look for TPS > 75%. Thus, I feel that the TPS should be adjusted for it's maximum achievable range. I agree to disagree if we must, and I admit that my definition of 'fine', may not equal others.... Just my 02.... :)

OK. but 100% is 5 volts and at any time the tps goes that high it will throw a code so.

OK. but 100% is 5 volts and at any time the tps goes that high it will throw a code so.

Yea... TRUE 100% is whatever the ref. voltage is at the TPS, like you said, about 5 volts, so obviously, the tps signal volts can't get above the reference... and a code will throw above 5.0 V (which would indicate the ref > 5.0, which it usually is by a little bit) however... I 'believe' there is a line of code in there that defines 100% as 4.50 V for the ecu's purpose.... thus the recommendation that you should set the tps to max 'at least' 4.50 V and less than 5.0..

ok, i will try to get my tps max a little higher. I looked around and I can't seem to find any of the 2 additives mentioned in this post. Do they even sell these items in Canada? I looked on home depot's web site and there was nothing.

Couldn't find where you stated your base fuel pressure was set at??

If FTS sent you a 3" maf and you set the Translator to 3.5" to get it running right you haven't fixed any problems, you masked them.

If you have known exhaust header/turbo leaks you need to start here.

never even checked the fuel pressure. I checked it a long time ago before I parked it and it was set to 42psi. I changed my translator over to the 3.5" because my sensor measures up to 3.5" in diameter. I think they sent me the wrong one from the start. There is no way that the sensor I got is 3".