You can type here any text you want

Scanned my car, need help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lunkan

Crazy? Me? :-P
Today was the first time with the car. I whent out and scanned the car, and I´d really apreciate some help with the scan results. I had lots of problems with the car earlier today (it just missfired on higher rpms). I didn´t have near the same problems when I scanned, but it was much colder also.

These are plain T-Link files:
www.turbolunkan.com/t-link/tta040619-1.ecm
www.turbolunkan.com/t-link/tta040619-2.ecm

Thanks in advance
/Andreas

Hi Andreas,

First, you have some malfunction codes that need taken care of. The codes are 22 (tps low), 24 (speed sensor) , and 33 (maf high). You might want to reset the ecm and see if these show up again. It also seems your TPS never reads lower than .49. Try to get it to about .46 with the throttle closed.

It looks like its really rich at WOT which may be causing a misfire. How much boost are you running? It's also wanting to run rich everywhere, showing up as low blms. You might try reducing fuel pressure to help lean everything out. Do you know where its set now?

Also, some of the richness could be from a bad maf, as indicated by the malfunction code.

Regards,
Eric

Hi!

Without having a look on the diagram..... the car runs awfully rich!

Lunkan and i was at a big race today and there where heavily black smoke and missfire on the car.

Lunkan didn't check the fuel pressure.... hehehehe.... but it didn't lean out at least!:eek: :D

Eric,
I saw the codes:

22. Earlier today, the TPS was .38 and gave TPS High. I didn´t remember what it should be, so I adjusted it so the engine sounded best under closed throttle.

24. Don´t know what´s causing this

33. Must be because I´m running an LT1 and translator. I have checked the hoses.

I´m running 20 PSI peak, but most time 16-18. I haven´t had any FP guage, so I´m not sure how high it is.

Thanks for the input, gonna check the FP, a friend has a guage with him.

/Andreas

Originally posted by The Swede
Hi!

Without having a look on the diagram..... the car runs awfully rich!

Lunkan and i was at a big race today and there where heavily black smoke and missfire on the car.

Lunkan didn't check the fuel pressure.... hehehehe.... but it didn't lean out at least!:eek: :D

Well, at least I asked You if I should lower the fuel pressure ;)

In the Grand Finale, I had to race a 70th Camaro that had gone mid 10´s before. Because of the heat, my car lost the power in gearchange to 2nd, but when the power came back I closed in to him. And we only ran 200m. This was without timeslips, and on pure asfalt.

We just checked the FP, it was 47 PSI with vacuum off. I lowered it to 43 instead. Should I go even lower?

Keep it at 43psi and try it. If its still rich, then go lower. It won't hurt anything going into the high 30's as long as the car is running ok.

The computer recognizes .48 as 0% tps, so we try to keep it just under that, around .44-.46 is fine.

You should not be getting that MAF error with the translator/LT1. Maybe double check all the connections and reset the computer to see if the code comes back.

The VSS (speed sensor) error indicates that you had an abnormally low speed reading for more than 20 seconds. Try the computer reset and see if it comes back again.

Were you running the alcohol injection? With the boost at 20 or under, it may also be rich. The chip is set up to assume more like 23-24psi. So you might have to reduce the alky, or reduce the fuel in the chip. Reducing the fuel pressure might be enough.

Keep us posted!

Regards,
Eric

Eric,
Yes, I used alky when running. Since You sent me the chip, I´ve upgraded the turbo from a TA49 to a PT61 (1 1/2 week ago). I tried higher boost, but at that time I sprayed too much alky that I cut the spark.

I´m gonna try raising the boost a bit, but I have problem with the DP hitting the x-over and also inside of the body. And I use a strap to prevent the motor torquing over.

I don´t really understand the problem with the VSS. Abnormaly low speed readings :confused:

Thanks
/Andreas

I'm not certain either Andreas, because Turbolink seems to be showing the right speed. I guess we'll just have to keep an eye on it. Maybe its an intermittant problem.

Yeah, I really thought it was strange. Hopefully it won´t rain tomorrow, so I can take it out for a new test. I´ve taken some beers now, so I guess it´s not a good time :)

Cheers, all
/Andreas

Andreas,
Put your TPS at .40-.42. Keep it away from .46 for now.

Setup your IAC for 20-30 at idle with TPS at .40-.42.

High TPS will/can cuase a bunch of weird **** and thats the last thing you want.

Fuel pressure at 43 is ok. If its still rich, drop it a little to 41.. remember you have alky as a fuel, and a chip to drop fuel into the motor. Keep the o2's in the 780 range(safe) and work on the fueling. If your pipe is hitting the frame you will gets tons of knock.

Post back.. i'll see if I can look at your files.

Ok, here´s an update. For the first time in almost a week the sun is shining and the streets are dry. I took some time with the car.

First I replaced my stock x-over with a 2.5" stainless. Now I don´t have any leak no more... at last...

Then I tought I´d check the plugs.... :eek: no **** it has been running rich. The plugs where so damn black and wet, and smell gasoline like if You´d stick the nose in a gas-tank :rolleyes: So I replaced them with new ones, and gapped them to .035

Doublechecked the TPS and IAC. The TPS showed .45 and IAC 50, so I put them to .41 and 25. So, now it´s time for a ride.

What a difference, it´s smooth as an Irish on idle and strong as a burboun in WOT :D

..... WHERE`S THE NEAREST RACEWAY????!!!!

I want to thank all You who come up with some ideas, and a special thank to Eric, for the help with the scan results and also for the quick shipment of the new chip.

Eric and Julio are the most helpful guys I´ve come across, thank You very much!!!

ATB
/Andreas

Your going to hate to hear this.. drop the gap on the plugs to .30-.32

35 may have issue at higher boost on some cars.

Or leave them like that and see..

Great to hear its running again.

Julio

Originally posted by Razor
Your going to hate to hear this.. drop the gap on the plugs to .30-.32

35 may have issue at higher boost on some cars.

Or leave them like that and see..

Great to hear its running again.

Julio

Hmm, now You confuse me:
Originally posted by Razor
IWe also think your running new spark plugs gapped to .030-.032 not .035. So check this as well.

That´s from http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125871

Have I misunderstood the whole thing? I thought You meant to gap them .035 :confused:

Here is a copy and paste.. I guess we lost something in the translation.

Quote..
We also think your running new spark plugs gapped to .030-.032 not .035. So check this as well.

I mean in this statement that spark plug gap "is" to be set at .030-.032. NOT .035 ;)

If the car works good at .035.. leave it alone :) If it has issue at high boost, then try gapping them down .. makes sense.

Cheers

Back