You can type here any text you want

Screw it! Keeping it simple. Going manual brakes!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boston GN

An 11" non power brake... In a 3700# brick??

Why not, when I was 19 I had a 76 pickup with manual brakes factory...As a matter of fact my car has the master from that very truck on it right now.

Brakes

I had a 24mm (.94'') MC on my vacuum booster and it had a lot of pedal travel. i then replaced it with a 36mm or 1.42''bore mc and much better pedal feel nice and high. I didnt like the small bore.

An 11" non power brake... In a 3700# brick??

Upgrading the front disks with Baer brakes also. So still 11" but with much better calipers:o if I keep the stockers. If I decide to go larger wheels, I'll get a larger rotor

I bought this one:
PA Racing

Problem I have now is that the jeep steering shaft is too short, gotta figure out what to do next.

Ok..

Upgrading the front disks with Baer brakes also. So still 11" but with much better calipers:o if I keep the stockers. If I decide to go larger wheels, I'll get a larger rotor

I guess there were some "facts not in evidence", when the thread was started.:D

I guess there were some "facts not in evidence", when the thread was started.:D

Got me there! :biggrin: However the manual brakes themselves will be on first before I get to upgrade the front to Baer in a couple months

Manual Brakes...

Have you heard of problems with this? All my searches have brought up quite a few people with that MC and haven't reported issues of hood clearance. :confused:

Upgraded to Wilwood MC, front and rear disc when my PowerMaster started having problems.

There's no problem with any type of hood clearance. The brakes work fine. They're firm with a full pedal, it does take a little foot pressure, unlike power brakes.

Once you have driven the car a little, you get used to the brakes and you figure out the limit of the manual system.

Alot better for track use IMO...

John

If you put TRZ front a-arms on, you'll get Screwed again, (Been there added'm after a assured fit. even driving my car to them, i live 10 miles away from there shop,All a rip off)there not made for DownPipe Cars (there for Malibo's)..The a-arms Will Contact your DownPipe!!!!

good luck

If you put TRZ front a-arms on, you'll get Screwed again, (Been there added'm after a assured fit. even driving my car to them, i live 10 miles away from there shop,All a rip off)there not made for DownPipe Cars (there for Malibo's)..The a-arms Will Contact your DownPipe!!!!

good luck

Not using their a-arms, I have the G-Body Parts ones. It's just the link title. I actually found out we don't even need that adapter either

so how's the manual brake setup work? i'd think a slightly bigger bore would work better with the stock calipers. the pedal on my Nova would go damn near to the floor before the car would stop with a 7/8" bore master cylinder for a Monza, but a 15/16" master cylinder for a 76 Chevelle worked absolutely perfect. the best part about it was that reman master cylinders are cheap so you can play with different bores to see what works best.

Back