SD2 injectors question

nixturbosix

I am about to get new injectors for my car, which will require my TT chip to be reburned. My question is can literally any injectors be used with a SD2 chip? A friend is willing to sell me some injectors that he has they are high impedance so that part is good. I’m not sure of who made them just the rating of them, around 53lbs. So can they be used or will the SD2 have to have injectors that are common to our Buick’s like the 42s, 60’s,80’s that are commonly used and know in our Buick setups?

Eric can burn chips for whatever injectors you want to put in, best to try and figure out exactly what injectors they are though, "around" 53lbs is kind of a broad guess, if they are 50lbs and he burns the chip for 53lbs, chances are your car may not run right, there should be a number on them somewhere that you can run a search for.

Eric can burn chips for whatever injectors you want to put in, best to try and figure out exactly what injectors they are though, "around" 53lbs is kind of a broad guess, if they are 50lbs and he burns the chip for 53lbs, chances are your car may not run right, there should be a number on them somewhere that you can run a search for.
Yea I need to get the info from him. I know they are something he had on a import and he said they were 560cc. So that is 53.3lbs. So basically he burns it to match the poundage of the injector not so much what make or PN of the injector. I just didn’t know if he went of PN for tables he already has.

Yea I need to get the info from him. I know they are something he had on a import and he said they were 560cc. So that is 53.3lbs. So basically he burns it to match the poundage of the injector not so much what make or PN of the injector. I just didn’t know if he went of PN for tables he already has.
Yes, he burns them to match the poundage injectors that you have, not part # or make.

With the SD2 chip you can run any size injector with just putting in the size in the tune page . One thing you got to remember is that the stock ecm is only rated for high impedance injectors. So basically 80lb is the highest u can go then it swaps over to low impedance. Yes there is some higher lbs injectors that are high impedance but they are stupid expensive.

With the SD2 chip you can run any size injector with just putting in the size in the tune page . One thing you got to remember is that the stock ecm is only rated for high impedance injectors. So basically 80lb is the highest u can go then it swaps over to low impedance. Yes there is some higher lbs injectors that are high impedance but they are stupid expensive.
I thought I remembered there was a responsible threshold for high impedance injectors and the ones im looking at are high impedance. Thank you guys for answering my questions. I just didn’t want to get some injectors to find out they were not compatible.