SE Turbo, what a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

99ssconv

Banned
:mad: I placed my first order with them over the internet on Sunday. Ordered rjc crank pulley, p/s, idler, wp and alt pulleys. The rep contacted me Monday confirming my order and gave me a total of $345.00 I got a call on Tuesday saying that the price of aluminum has gone up so the new price was around $100 more. What!!! Sounds like someone was slacking with the pricing updates in their catalog. I work at a car dealership and when we quote a job the parts prices are what we quote, whether we screw up or not that is what the customer pays. The lady also told me that prices are subject to change. Yeah so is my business with your company. They also said they don't charge your card until the item has been shipped. Well I have a pending transaction on my debit card that I am sure will clear tomorrow.

Working for the largest radiator manf in the world-the truth is :
Price of Copper has gone up
Price of Aluminum has gone DOWN
FRED

Yeah that figures, just the big man sticking it to the little man day in and day out. Some things will never change..

Call your CC company and cancel the order! Call Brian at G body and get the REAL deal along with the HONESTY!!!!

Pricing

We were informed that those prices had gone up when placing the drop ship.We are not a big $ Car dealership where we can throw away money.The profit margin at this level is so exceedingly low that noone could support themselves much less a family on only GN products.It is the love of the GN that keeps our business trying to be a supplier.After 6 months of being here, I can tell you firsthand,the only notification we get of price increases is when we restock.Supplying only GN parts is not a profitable business, ask any GN supplier. I apologize that those parts went up in price and we were not aware.I am really sorry that this is all I can do for you.You are more than welcome to call and vent what you need to.
Suzette
(the price was $55.00 more than the original order-I'll let you figure out what other parts of these comments were "upgraded")

Big difference between $100 and $55! I could see $55 but not $100. I also doubt that the aluminum that RJC sold was at the new price?

Thank-you

I must admit I have been in retail and accounting for some time and cannot figure out why someone would sell this product other than the love of the car.There IS no liveable profit in these parts unless you manufacture them yourselves.And even then-you have to have a huge quantity of sales to make it profitable.Now, the labor end is a different story-that's where the profit is! And being introduced to "The Turbo Forum".That is fun!
Suzette

parts

I would like to add something to this, where do you think they are alot of money fabing up parts for the buick. What do you think one of the cnc machine's cost. Alot. I dont think jason make's a whole lota money on the pulley's. I could be wrong. Like you said, you have to like the cars to do it.

But you do make money or you would not stay in business.

We were informed that those prices had gone up when placing the drop ship.We are not a big $ Car dealership where we can throw away money.The profit margin at this level is so exceedingly low that noone could support themselves much less a family on only GN products.It is the love of the GN that keeps our business trying to be a supplier.After 6 months of being here, I can tell you firsthand,the only notification we get of price increases is when we restock.Supplying only GN parts is not a profitable business, ask any GN supplier. I apologize that those parts went up in price and we were not aware.I am really sorry that this is all I can do for you.You are more than welcome to call and vent what you need to.
Suzette
(the price was $55.00 more than the original order-I'll let you figure out what other parts of these comments were "upgraded")

Well the original price you gave me was $345, so $55 on top of that would make it $400 which I know is not what you said. We are not a big car dealership, just one that takes care of its customers when we screw up!!
Keep everything you have because I will never contact you again for anything, in fact if you were the last supplier on earth I would sell my GN.

Better service and pricing through RJC.

7 Piece set includes;
Race or Stock Style Billet Aluminum Crank Pulley
Razor Billet Aluminum Water Pump Pulley
Razor Sryle Power Steering Pulley
Razor Style Idler/tensioner pulley
Razor Style Billet Aluminum Alternator Pulley
Chrome Plated Aluminum Alternator Fan
Billet Aluminum Alternator Nut.
$419/7pc. kit

Well the original price you gave me was $345, so $55 on top of that would make it $400 which I know is not what you said. We are not a big car dealership, just one that takes care of its customers when we screw up!!
Keep everything you have because I will never contact you again for anything, in fact if you were the last supplier on earth I would sell my GN.

damn thats harsh. no i see why good buick supplyers tell us to f off. and move on.

Aluminum has not gone up? are you crazy. ask any metals distributor if it has. In the last year aluminum has increased in price 40% I had to increase my prices so that i would not loose money. On the crank pulley alone the cost of the aluminum chunk went up $20 each. i increased the price only $10. I ate the difference. I am actually making less money on the pulleys than i have in years because of all of the increases. I am trying to keep the cost down for the consumer. SE just had a mistake on their websight and you were unable to benifit from it and now you are mad. that does not sound like the attitude to have to me. Give us a little slack guys we are only human and like SE said the prifit margins are slim.

prices

Aluminum cans around here are going at .70 a pound. Copper is way over $2.00 a pound too. I need to start picking up cans for a living. people need to start dringing more beer and soda's.

Aluminum has not gone up? are you crazy. ask any metals distributor if it has. In the last year aluminum has increased in price 40% I had to increase my prices so that i would not loose money. On the crank pulley alone the cost of the aluminum chunk went up $20 each. i increased the price only $10. I ate the difference. I am actually making less money on the pulleys than i have in years because of all of the increases. I am trying to keep the cost down for the consumer. SE just had a mistake on their websight and you were unable to benifit from it and now you are mad. that does not sound like the attitude to have to me. Give us a little slack guys we are only human and like SE said the prifit margins are slim.

What do you mean "that does not sound like the attitude to have to me"?
I am going to call you and order the pulleys, I was posting your prices compared to what you get from se for more money. And yes I was mad, we make mistakes at work all the time and we have to pay for it not the customer. Guess I need to work in the aftermarket world.

Those last 3 sentences put it as straight as it gets Jason. You go fast with class.

Suzette, Your answer was very reasonable. I would have been satisfied.

99ssconv, Quit being an ass.

Sincerely, Mark E.

Those last 3 sentences put it as straight as it gets Jason. You go fast with class.

Sincerely, Mark E.

F**K off Mark E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E.

Sincerely, Mark E.

F**K off Mark E.

I always thought we were here to help each other out, why do i see so much bashing a F**K off around here now? :confused: I also work at a chev dealer ship in my area me have medium margins of profit, we pay for our mistakes. I believe that there is a small margin of profit, becuase there is only X amount of 86-87 Turbo buicks that take that pully combo, and then there is much much less turbo buick owners that mod their cars and even less that will want that specific part for there cars. If it werent for people like them it would me much harder for people like use to find parts that are suitable for our cars. UNLESS YOU LIKE E-BAY PARTS!!!

,Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.